finding a new home after our trailer burnt

my husband and i are both 22 years old and we were in the process of buying a trailer and three lots. while we were in missouri visiting a sick relative in icu we got a call telling us our trailer was on fire. we didn’t have insurance because it couldn’t be insured. now we are forced to find another home and start all over. i have been told that you can find good deals on houses that are owned on back taxes but i have no idea were to get started! i know we can qualify for first time home owners loan! can any one help??? :banghead :deal

You have a lot of options. If you are interested in another manufactured home, shop around at local dealers. They often have reposessed or discontinued homes that you could get deep discounts and/or great terms. If you are looking for a traditional home, I would contact HUD and VA about their homes. They have great terms, low or no down payment programs and if you’re willing to do some fix up yourselves, you could look at getting a 203k loan for the rehab, and have instant equity.

All the best to both of you, Shawn

thank you for your help i am glad to know there are good people out there willing to help. :banana :dance2

Glad you guys were not home when the fire happened and no one was injured. If you find something that needs remodeling let me know. We can come and help over a weekend or even longer to help get you back on your feet. I have a small crew and can do painting, carpentry, sheetrock, etc and will not charge you. I get great benefit out of helping others that have suffered a major loss. Let me know if we can help.

Thank you,

Ted P. Stokely Jr
11505 Sw Oaks
Austin, Texas 78737

512-301-9171 home
512-587-6177 mobile