Finding a foreclosure opportunity…should I use a realtor?

I am first time investor living in the NE USA looking to do a deal in AZ. I am looking for a very motivated seller or foreclosure opportunity. I have been in contact with a Realtor but I am not sure if this is the best way to find a foreclosure opportunity.

theres alot of ways to get a foreclosure but let me say 1st. that just because a house is a foreclosure dont think they’re all great deals. sometimes they market them at retail price or atleast close to it.

theres website’s like realtytrac that are a good help to get leads on foreclosures and soon to be foreclosures.

A realtor should have alot of properties that are foreclosures so yes I would tell him/her I’m looking for them and see what they have.

Liquidity, thanks for the reply. How have you found some of your best deals?

by spending hours on my computer and driving to look at them lol

MlPlus,

When it comes to finding deals; it’s best to have the deals find you. After a short time in the short sale game, most of my leads came from other investors who didn’t do short sales, real estate agents who didn’t want the upside-down listing and mortgage loan officers who can’t help a desperate homeowner. Referrals are the best.

thks for the reply

ShortSaleMike,

Thks for the reply

I got it , referrals are the best. But how do i find:

other investors who didn’t do short sales
real estate agents who didn’t want the upside-down listing
mortgage loan officers who can’t help a desperate homeowner.

thanks

mlplus