Fallen Tree

Hello All,

I just came from a property of mine and found a large puddle of water on the floor, the drywall falling down from the ceiling, and numerous tree limbs on my roof. I had several conversations with my neighbors about this dead tree and found out about a month ago who owned it. I spoke with owner and still got the same answer, “I’m looking into it.” Well I showed him the damage and he wants to get his own guy to do it, but I told him I want to file insurance on it (I have $1,000 deductible - this was suppose to be a flip that I’ve held for almost a year) and would like him to pay the deductible. He thought differently. Is he liable for my deductible?

Oh, I forgot to add, this week I had several showings on the house and they would like to see it next week. What should I do with this issue as well?

Thanks for your help!

I had a similair problem:
         http://www.reiclub.com/forums/index.php/topic,30453.0.html
 It seems that the laws are largely local.  There is an organization that is like a credit bureau for insurance companies.  The organization is called "clue" I think.  My point is that they track ALL insurance claims that people file.  Once the company finds out that you have filed a claim, they will raise your rates enough to cover the entire expense.  You might run the numbers and make sure that it is worthwhile to go through insurance instead of just paying for it yourself.

Thanks Funder,

I believe it will be better to fix it myself…alot cheaper. The only problem I have with this is my showing for next week. I don’t believe I’ll have everything fixed. Any suggestions?