EMD contract question

Trying to get a house under contract, first one without a Realtor, just wondering, how do you handle the EMD?? Do you just write the seller a check? I would guess after you do that it is pretty much non-refundable?

Write a check to the title company – they will use it to “open escrow”…


LIke Keith said… get a title company to open an account. But I would recommend you asking an important question since I got burned once before on this. If you can escrow and the deal, will the title company charge you a fee for the escrow? I say this because I had a title company charge me $100 for acting as an escrow agent on a deal. The deal died and when I got my funds back it was short $100. and I was pissed.