Doing a Short Sale in Diff. State

I live in WA and am licensed as an agent in WA but do a lot of travel to CA.

I was wondering how it would work to do the short sale process in CA. I have a close family member who is also a partner with me in the RE business, so I can easily set up a team there.

Anything to be aware of? Since I’m licensed in WA but not in CA, I would be doing the short sale as an investor, and collecting the spread. Any comments?


Are you doing the short sale as an investor or Realtor? If you are doing short sales as an investor then a license is not necessary.