Does this make any sense ?

In my area, housing prices are stagnate ( including multi famlys, sfhs, duplexes etc… ) They have not decreased to any significant amount at all.

At current prices there isn’t any pos. cash flowing properties.

The value of real estate in my are has not decreased.

With more foreclosures coming on the market one would think that the rental market would increase BUT THIS ISN’T THE CASE AT ALL.

The economy is in the dumps. No great amount of new jobs created.

I don’t get it ? What would you do if you where me ?

BSM,

If you can’t find a property that will cash flow, then I certainly would not buy a rental property. The ONLY purpose of starting a business is to make money. Simply starting a business because you like the idea of owning properties is not an investment strategy - or at least not a good one.

Markets have cycles. It sounds like your market is in the process of declining. What happens at the end of an up cycle is that there is too much inventory. Properties stay on the market for increasing lengths of time, and then prices finally drop. Once the prices drop, you will be in a better position to buy.

If you can’t find a way to make REI work in your area, then find another business to start. You can get rich in any business.

Mike