Does increase in equity count as income?

When applying for a loan, does increase in equity value or property count as income?

I have a residence in an area that has gone up in popularity recently. The home values in our area have gone up at least $50,000.00 a year in the last two years for each and every property in our small town. I would like to use the equity in my personal property to either expand this property with one room B & B, and or buy more land and build another property. I have income from various other sources, but it is not going to look good this year :)in a loan report. The property is conservatively estimated appraisal of $350,000 with an existing mortgage of $105,000. I am happy and lucky to be in this situation, but what do you think are my options? Can I use the increase in equity as income? The area has gone up in value because of a rail trail added by the river and the lovely mountain community.

When applying for a loan, does increase in equity value or property count as income?

NO! It does not count as income. You can use the increase to draw out equity, though.

Very nice return on your investment!