Do I need a business license or DBA

Do I need a business license or any sort of DBA set up to begin wholesaling houses?

or do I just claim the income on my taxes?
Also, would I be able to deduct/claim any expenses if I do not have a dba set up?


Business license requirements are local. You may or may not need one to wholesale.

DBA is a license to operate under a name other than your own. It is not required to conduct business.

Business expenses are always deductible. No entity or DBA is required, although some entities get treated differently.

BLL, as always thanks for your posts.

If I file a DBA with the state (without having a LLC) can I later transfer that DBA to a entity that I set up?

I don’t see why not. Check with city hall or your secretary of state for the specifics.