DFW Bird dogs Questions

I am a new REI and wanting some Bird Dogs/Wholesellers to work for me to bring me some good deal. The problem is … where do I find them? Or how do they find me? This is a good site, but there no tool to meet up people. I think there should be a forum to meet other ppl.

my 2 cents

DFW

Try your local REI Club…there are several in the DFW area.

http://www.reiclub.com/real-estate-clubs/Texas.html

There are REI networking here on REIClub:

http://www.reiclub.com/networking-ads.php

Keith

Keith,

If I’m not mistaken, Bird dogging carries a $1000 fine in Texas. The only way to legally pay a referral fee is if both parties hold real estate licenses. The other legal option is to make them a principal in the transaction. Feel free to verify this.

Da Wiz

being a bird dog is pretty simple.

anyone can drive around and write down numbers.

MAKE A BUNCH OF YELLOW FLYERS AND PUT THEM ALL OVER THE PUBLIC COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES IN YOUR AREA.

WRITE $1000 IN HUGE SIZE.

YOU WILL GET 100 BIRD DOGS OR MORE

Dan

What’s your target area i’m in DFW maybe we could work on some deals

Jay

DFW,

I’m in the area and also an investor. Maybe we could work together on locating you some properties. If this is something that maybe of some interest you then get back with me and we can go from there.

AAtesII

There hasn’t been a judgement against someone yet for birddogging. Even certified real estate lawyers disagree. There’s been many debates on whether you’re selling a property for someone else.

Anyone can locate a property and provide details on it, then get paid for their time. A license is required to represent someone else. It’s still up in the air only because the rules aren’t black and white on it, but people locate properties for pay every day. They’re not selling, managing, or representing any of the parties.

Gary,
you are getting very predictible. I think you have said the the samthing for most bir dog question. Would you please site me a law in Texas or anywhere that says that people are not allowed to find properties and pass them up who can buy them?

How is this think not ethical? Bird Dog is not taking advantage of the seller who is trouble. He is just getting paid for his effort…

My area is north Dallas, plano, Richardson, Garland…

DFW

DFW

Sorry if I am predictable. I was just trying to help. If I am not mistaken and I am not an attorney, the Texas Real Estate License Act prohibits brokers from sharing fees with anyone not licensed as a real estate broker or salesman in Texas or any other state. See Section 15 (a)(6)(F) and Section 14 of the act.

Da Wiz

Gary,
Would this apply if I an NOT a RE licensed broker or sales person? I am just a investor who would pay someone to go find deal and compansate them for their work?

DFW

I’m freakin Golden… lets go

so…DFW and AAtesII … lets go.

And someone call the Wham- bu- lance for anyone who doesnt like it.

They probably got way too much time on their hands… I 'm about making money… not excuses.