DEVEL. MOBILE HOME PARK INTO SFR PROJECT?

HEY THERE-
I’M THE LAWS ARE NOT THE SAME EVERYWHERE BUT, DOES ANYONE IF IT’S POSSIBLE TO TAKE A MOBLE HOME PARK (RENTED SPACES,NOT OWNED), AND CONVERT THE LAND INTO SFR LOTS?
I KNOW IT WOULD A HUGE PROJECT- CAN IT BE DONE?

I LIVE IN AN AREA THAT HAS SEVERAL OLD, JUNKY MOBLE HM. PARKS, THAT OVER YEARS OF GROWTH AND DEVELOP. ARE NOT SURROUNDED BY $750K-1.5 MILLION $ HMS. AND THE PARKS ARE SOME OF THE LAST LAND IN THE AREA…
IF IT COULD BE DONE…$$$$
THANKS.

You would have to check local codes/zoning. However, I would not see why you would not be able to take the MH Park, level it and then rezone it for residential lots. It would be very time consuming and many trips to the zoning commission.

I think you could continue to use the land as a MHP while you try to rezone it. After it is rezoned you could do your conversion project in phases and the MHP would be considered a pre-existing use. The land doesn’t have to be vacant to rezone it, not here in my part of Illinois. You would get the land rezoned to residential, then submit a plat for your new subdivision of SFR lots, then after approval of the plat remove the MHP. That way your land doesn’t sit idle and you can still have some cash flow while doing the process.

That is a great idea.

Do you know if MHP renters are treated under the same land lord/renter laws and guidelines as renters of SFR, apt. and such?