depressed - give me a pep talk

Well, I just feel like the wind has been knocked out of my sails. I discussed my “venture” with someone and they were supportive. . . but the underlying tone was “how can this be done in this market?” Md is pretty hot right now and crap is selling for alot of $$. I felt very positive but now I feel like I wonder if I’m just not geographically correct when it comes to doing this. I’ve noticed a lot of people on this forum are from the mid-west and west coast areas. Also, I’m really struggling with whether to use a real estate agent or not. I have no experience with comps, etc., but I also know that agents aren’t going to want to present offers that are 20 to 30% below the listing parice.

I just don’t know what to do. I want to find (birddog) 6 houses between now and next August (at the minimum).

Someone just tell me that I can do this!! I need a pep talk!

Thanks,
Immy ??? :frowning:

Are you looking for houses to buy or bird dogging for someone else?
Send me an email to Cash_For_Clients@yahoo.com

Hey,
Obviously whoever you talked to was not an investor even though apparently you valued their opinion quite highly. There are investors who post here and are successful from your state. The beauty in rei is that it works no matter what the economy if you are careful, diligent and knowledgeable. At this point you have made the right decision to birddog. Find a rei club in or near your area and attend meetings. By the way, ask your “someone” if there are any realtors in your area. Of course there are. Somebody is making some money in real estate. Might as well be you. There will always be negative people in your life that will denigrate whatever it is you want to do, believe, say, etc. Stay away from them. Listen to tapes that bring a positive message whether rei or on attitude, etc. (dated myself - try CD’s).
Keep reading the posts here. There is plenty of success and some of it can be yours, too. Keep on keeping on.
Peace,
Richard

You just have to keep thinking out of the box. I know how hot the maryland area is right now. Especially overthere where you are. What I decided to do was increase my farming area because waldorf and st mary’s county are becoming just as hot as montgomery county. That is how I ended up getting into baltimore (which is about 1 1/2 hours away from me) I was also worried about how the new sb761 law would change things for me but I have worked through that too. Just keep motivated and try to attend some of those REI clubs I listed for you.