Deal or No Deal? Please Help!

I’ve been thinking about taking my business to the “next level”, like all the gurus preach. Here’s my idea. I’m thinking about buying Bear Stearns from JP Morgan for $2.50 per share in stock . They would receive an immediate 25% profit and I would take my business to the next level. Now, I know what you’re thinking, I’m just a little peon in the rental property business and I don’t have enough money to buy Bear Stearns. WRONG! I don’t need any money! Why? Because the Fed would surely guarantee that I can’t lose money on the deal (just like they did for JP Morgan). Any bank would be happy to loan me a couple of hundred million dollars when there is absolutely no risk. If I screw it up (I don’t know the first thing about investment banks), the Fed will pony out $30 billion of funny money to bail me out. If I get lucky (even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while), I’ll be wildly rich and won’t need a bailout. Either way, I can’t lose!!!

So, what do you think? Deal or No Deal?

Mike

Mike,

And the best part is all those people that didn’t over extend themselves and only bought a house they could afford are getting hosed. Sends a lovely message to the rest of the unresponsible world doesn’t it.

John

Deal! I want to get in on your IPO when you decide to take your new Co. public!

keep us posted on how things are going.
Susanna

I think you need a partner for this.

Bring in Michael Quarles and me.