Dave Lindahl

Has anyone here taken Dave Lindahl’s seminars?

I did last month. If you have any questions let me know.

was it useful, i bought home study course and it did not do anything

I attended DL’s seminar.I was Ok but very expensive. It was a lot of marketing and hype. The material was very good in theory. When it came to the practical, I felt I needed more direction.
Recently, I have been researching in this forum and I have noticed a better alternative. (Should have done that before booking the expensive seminar)
This course was recommended in this forum and it gives more direction than DL’s and the author offers to help you get started by partnering on a deal with you too. PLUS the course includes alot of techniques to get funding and loans. I feel that is very vital for folks with limited capital. (This info Wasn’t at DL’s seminar) I have bought the first course and I have actually been able to start marketing to owners and put out offers with confidence. I found the course very inexpensive, helpful and the audios give clear guidance.
I am referencing the first course at this link.
http://www.hottestrealestatecourse.com/commercial/
I hope this answers your question.

One last thing, I forgot to add.
I am not bashing DL’s material. He was great at the seminar and he really knows this game. But I after the seminar I felt that his material is for someone with a lot of experience looking to fast track to the next level.
I have the home study course too. After I start making some deals with the new material. I will revisit it later.

Although I have not been to his seminar, I did purchase his CD course…thinking it was around $1,500. Definitely a comprehensive course and most informative. There are many techniques you can employ to acquire good multifamily properties.

The key is ‘taking action.’ There are alot of PhD’s that are homeless. The key ingredient to success is to reproduce something (like what Dave teaches), take action, and produce the same results. Far too many people buy a course, never read it, or perhaps read it and put it on the shelf, and do NOTHING! That is a losing strategy. Find a niche in the market, find someone successful in that niche, do what he did, and get the same results!

Just be cautious that most apartment deals take lengthy periods of time to acquire and close before you earn money. It takes up to 9 months for an FHA backed commercial loan to get closed and funded in most cases.

I train my students to do smaller deals to earn a good living while they are developing apatment building deals. That will keep you in the business long enough to enjoy the profits from the bigger deals on apartments.

Rob

Have taken NUMEROUS courses with Dave Lindahl and would STAY FAR AWAY from him if I were you:

My partner and I invested in multiple courses with Dave Lindahl and If you want some inside information! we both agree it was the BIGGEST mistake we had ever made!
Dave Lindahl is ONLY after your money so he can bring you in on deals, sharing a WHOPPING 10% of what he makes and his courses are nothing but lead generations for raising funds for himself… sure, he does teach principles that makes sense, otherwise he would not be able to get away with it, however, when it comes down to it, most people are Too Scared to do it on their own and then he uses their fear to invest with him.

The deals we did with him turned out to be total Losers and we wasted a good 4 to 5 years with him and his “team”.

Others have told us that he flat out lied to them and seeing what we seen now, this is what he did to us as well.

Besides he is also being investigated, so that should give you another clue or two?

Avoid him at all cost if you can.

I never went to ANYBODY’s seminars. I always encourage anyone not to go to a seminar unless … its free. :slight_smile: I always recommend a home study course so that anyone can refer back to it anytime.

I have Mr. Lindahl’s Apartment House Riches home study course. I got the whole package for like 550 instead of $995. Boy, I wish I did more research before purchasing his course. Not only I purchase it for $550 but borrowed the money just to buy it.

Dave Lindahl does a good job explaining how to get your first deal but my question to his courses are…
WHERE do you find partners for deals?
WHERE do you find the money for earnest money?
WHERE to find the funds (or lenders) for the first position mortgage?
WHICH Listing service do he use to find apartment owners? (Instead he recommended the yellow pages)
I probably got more questions but these are the most important ones.

Forget Dave Lindahl, Scott Scheel, and especially Jason Gilbert (I just did a research on his material and I felt that Mr. Gilbert is only doing what he is doing so that YOU can bring him deals)

There is, what I call a Dave Lindahl “clone” course, for 90% less than his “Apartment House Riches” and it’s way better than his course, IMHO. Just check out that link GOgitR recommended.

I hope everyone on this thread has helped you, Dynomac or anyone who is looking for commercial investing courses, to make a informed decision.

undergroundking,

So your course that you are Board Hustling along with GOgitr is a clone of Dave Lindahl’s.

"There is, what I call a Dave Lindahl “clone” course, for 90% less than his “Apartment House Riches” and it’s way better than his course, IMHO. Just check out that link GOgitR recommended.

I hope everyone on this thread has helped you, Dynomac or anyone who is looking for commercial investing courses, to make a informed decision.

~Knute~

Recommended Apartment Investing Course for First Timers"

Domain name: hottestrealestatecourse.com

Registrant Contact:

Knute White ()

Fax:
2930 Belt Line Rd.
Garland, TX 75044
US

Administrative Contact:

Knute White ()
+1.2143069828
Fax: +1.2143069828
2930 Belt Line Rd.
Garland, TX 75044
US

Technical Contact:

Knute White ()
+1.2143069828
Fax: +1.2143069828
2930 Belt Line Rd.
Garland, TX 75044
US

Name Servers:
ns1.voda30.com
ns2.voda30.com

Creation date: 20 Dec 2009 01:14:03
Expiration date: 20 Dec 2010 01:14:03

REI Club Moderator

OOOOOPS!! Busted!! :flush

:shocked $Cash$ I have nothing to hide and you didn’t really had to do that. I made that website so that those, who don’t really have the money to shell out hundreds just to learn how to invest in real estate, can start with the right home-study courses from the get go.

I know how it feels to buy a course that cost hundreds of dollars because I could not find cheaper ones elsewhere and only to find out later that there’s really courses out there that are just as good (or better) and a lot cheaper.

I just didn’t look harder and I did not really know where to look.

So tell me, $Cash$… do you know any courses better and cheaper than Monica Main’s ApartmentBuildingCashFlow System? If you do, lets hear it man.

I am sure those who are looking to get into the business whould like to hear it. If I am convinced, I would even put it up there on HREC.

Knute
PS. Don’t forget how easy it will be if you just point newbies to this site when they keep basic questions ask “What is NOI?” or “Is there any (or where to find) books on commercial investing?”

Interesting… I took a look at your website $Cash$, that was in your signature. I like 1 thing and dislike the other about the website.

Lets start with what I don’t like. The course you charge cost $689, almost $700. And if you been around hear long enough, you should have known that there is a Subject 2 course, which is what you are teaching in your course, are out for FREE!

If you don’t know what it is, then I am pretty sure that you would like for me to tell you where to look instead of LOOKING for it yourself.

Now what I like about the your site is that the author’s name is “John $Cash$ Locke” and I don’t know if that is the author’s real name. John Locke is just a bada$$ character on the show LOST and he’s one of my favorite character.

Knute

PS. Watch LOST Season 1 to 6 for free and with close captions. Hulu.com/lost This year is the Final Season. :smashpc

undergroundking,

You admit that your course is a “clone” of Dave Lindahl’s that you are Board Hustling on this site:

“There is, what I call a Dave Lindahl “clone” course, for 90% less than his “Apartment House Riches” and it’s way better than his course, IMHO. Just check out that link GOgitR recommended.”

The difference if someone wants to clone or copy my course then I would have them go to this site first.

www.donotdoit.com

Maybe you have an extra $30,000 lying around to compensate Dave for what you have done by cloning his course.

Bottom line you were caught promoting something you are selling and acting like you were not involved with the product, it is called Board Hustling.

John $Cash$ Locke
REI Club Moderator

PS: Pro Se Plaintiff, means I put the complaint together myself and filed it and won, so I have knowledge about how to handle cloners.

You admit that your course is a "clone" of Dave Lindahl's that you are Board Hustling on this site:

It isn’t my course and I bought these courses myself. I have David Lindahl’s and Monica Main’s home-study course.

Maybe you have an extra $30,000 lying around to compensate Dave for what you have done by cloning his course

"There is, what I CALL a Dave Lindahl “clone” course. (It’s what I call it. It just as good as Dave’s but cheaper)

Bottom line you were caught promoting something you are selling and acting like you were not involved with the product, it is called Board Hustling.

Was that your product you were promoting in your signature? I had my site in my signature. It is pretty obvious that I was involved.

Have you thought of a cheaper and better commercial investing course than Monica’s, yet? This is what this topic is really about.

I have purchased Dave Lindahl home study course, attended seminar and am a former student of his coaching program.

Generally speaking he knows his stuff and is one of the few real estate investors that I know of that buys and sells apartment buidlings in the current market place. I found his books and material to be a good resource. His information appeared to me to be in real time and not techniques that were outdated.

I have lots to learn, but getting started it helped me begin understanding the apartment business. Any successful business person always wants to make more money. Lindahl has been able to capitalize on his niche and sell other products.

Summary, you have to take the good and bad and apply to your situtation. With any course, program, free seminar, etc. it is up to you to take what is presented and take action. Someone already said "take action and I completely agree.

I call all these guys GURU garbage. If your want to learn real estate look to your local college or real estate school. Learn the basics of what makes a deal. The transaction process, Financial analysis, mortgage basics, title basics and contract basics etc.

Look to the real professional organizations such as CCIM, SIOR, IREM and local collages, accredited real estate schools, local board of realtors often offer courses too. You have to build a solid base knowledge to really make it in this game. There is no easy way to make money in real estate without a true understanding of the basics especially in today’s market.

Look I am not here to Hustle on any board. I am in the streets doing deals taking ACTION… I was just providing feedback. I have used products and attended a few seminars. This form is for learning, networking and sharing experiences
I have been to several seminars, I am going to share a revelation with you 90% of the Guru’s materials really work! That’s RIGHT! The only requirement is you are willing to pay half or all of your savings, mortgage money, 401k etc. to be in their mentor ship programs. However they will give you everything in the world (except for a DEAL). Next time you go to a seminar ask all of the repeat seminar attendees in mentor programs have they done a deal?
You will be shocked. Now ask your self is it the GURU’s fault when these people took no action.
The four components of force are: magnitude, direction, point of application, and finally ACTION!
You have to go out there and TAKE ACTION!!! !!! BE a FORCE of ACTION!!!

I think the Guru’s try to cut the learning curb for ppl. Thats a good thing but I do believe all the club and membership biz is a rip off. Everything they explain can be either YouTube’d or Googled. And lets not forget your local book store that sells books on cd. I guess you only would know that if you’re broke and need those no money down deals and etc. I wouldn’t be able to afford $1200(never spend your own money…remember) for some course anyways. Next time we are at a seminar maybe I should use the OPM tactic and see if they will let me have the course for free…lol…But knowledge cannot be priced; it has the biggest return on investment. I learn something from every course out there… :beer