Credit Guard Services

Anyone have any thoughts on the use of one of the big 3’s, (Transunion, Experian, Equifax), different credit guard services.

More specifically, real-time tracking for unauthorized use of one’s identity, etc.

What you’re using…why you like it…that sorta thing.

Thanks,
-Mike

I use the Triple Advantage monitoring through Freecreditreport.com (an Experian company). When you sign up you get your credit report free with score included (most sites charge you $5-10 to include the score with your report). If you cancel within 30 days you won’t be charged, if you don’t its $12.95 a month. After the trial you get unlimited report pulls for free, I pull mine at least 4-5 times a week. You also get email notifications when something on your report changes. Any negatives, address/name changes, etc immediately get emailed to you. It also has a score tracker that charts your score changes month to month. I have no negatives on my report and I wanna make sure it stays that way. Also, I am working on paying my debt down so I can buy my first property so I keep close tabs on my progress. To me its worth the $12.95 a month they charge. It was nice pulling my report one day and seeing a 12 point jump from the week before thanks to 2 inquiries dropping off.

I use privacyguard.com. I got it through a chase credit card offer but you can just get it online. They send alerts when someone pings, inquires or opens a new account.

. with privacyguard.com you can get a frresh three bureau report every day if you want. They provide non fico scores for each bureau. My ficos tend to be higher than the ones they provide.

I tried another company that sent alerts but only gave updated report and scores quarterly.

The also reimburse for or provide driving records, medical reporting bureaus and neighborhood reports… All for about 12.99/mo.

If you want to track your current accounts for suspicious activity, Bank of America has ;my portfolio; free to cutomers. You can track investments, mortgages, credit cards, lines of credit and other stuff all on one page. You get balances, recent transactins, due dates and minimum paymernts all on one screen. You can even bring in info from other banks with online banking. I use it everyday.

Hope this helps

JeffInCT