Credit Backs

Hi,

I would like to make offers for above the agreed upon sales price, in order to get a credit back for closing costs and repairs. Has anyone run into issue and reluctance from sellers to do this?

Thanks,
Lavone

Just put it in your purchase agreement that you would like $2,000 for flooring allowance or what ever amount. I have not used it but it should mean that you bring less to clossing.

NDI

Please elaborate on bringing less $ in for closing using credit back.

We just closed on a house yesterday and we were the sellers. The house sold for about $100,000 and in the Purchase Agreement the buyer wanted us to pay $3,000 in closing costs (or Flooring Allowance). They buyer was required to have 3% down with a VA loan. So when we paid the $3K at closing the buyer actually got a check back for $500 on his earnest money downpayment. This buyer got into the house for ZERO DOWN and this happens every day.

I hope this example make sense.

Good luck and go buy your primary residence.!
NDI

I’ve had sellers do this for my clients and they usually don’t have a problem with it. They look at what there “net” will be and don’t have any problem increasing the sales price to help the buyer with closing costs.