contacting absentee landlords

Hi, Everyone I’m leaning towards Flipping Properties to get me started in REI. I have learned how to find out the owners of Vacant properties. I’m tring to figure out what should I write in a letter. I have a plan of what I want to do I’m looking for the best approach. Can someone help? ??? Thanks for all the information Here…

I’ve had good success with driving through neigborhoods and writing down addresses of vacant houses. I then pull the tax appraisal info and find out who the current owner is. From there, just mail them a letter and tell them you would like to buy their house. But expect to haggle with them. Most homeowners aren’t investors and will expect top dollar.

Absentee Landlord;

Too each their own; I printed out a flyer on my computer with a pic. of a house on it. I just put (I BUY HOUSES).
BUY, SELL, TRADE, REHAB. I suppose that would cover most of what a Real Estate Person would do. My phone # and call (JOE). KInd of simple but it works. Just use a tac and attach it to the door-house etc.
Lots of Luck, (JOE)

Hi ,

Your letter should state who you are, why you are contacting them, how you can help them and what you can offer.

Make the letter personal and do not make it sound like typical real estate investor letter because people are more skeptical and cautious.

Be sincere and polite and you will be amazed at what can happen.

By the way, do not drive neighberhoods for vacan,trashed homes, get a team of students with digital cameras to do the grunt work for you.

Best of luck!

GC