Confusion

I am very new at this. I have been reading and studying many things for a few months. I drive by properties everyday that I’m sure I could do something with. Financially, I am in a position where real estate investing is the best (and maybe the ONLY way) I can get what I need as soon as possible. But I feel as though I’m missing something. :banghead

I am still sort of lost on how the seller benefits. In other words, why would a seller want to wait a year to get their money? I understand that they would be out from under a mortgage. I guess what I want to know is what to say to a seller to interest them in selling if they aren’t going to see anything substantial for a period of time?

How do I make any offer I make attractive to a seller? These questions have been running around in my head since I started looking into this and refuse to go away.

Maybe I am over thinking. Maybe it’s fear that is making me over think all of this. If someone can answer these questions for me, I could be off and running in a week. Once I make that first sale and see a check in my hand, I know that I will be successful in no time.

In a nutshell, I don’t know what to say to people when I speak to them. I don’t want to sound as if I have no idea what I am talking about when I try to do my first deal.

I hate to sound stupid or retarded (for lack of any other phrase). But like I said, I feel like I’m missing something.

When you speak to your first motivated seller- you will understand. These are people who do NOT want this property anymore. You taking the property off of their hands is a HUGE RELIEF for them.

I have had sellers hug me and cry at closing because they were so happy to be rid of the burden. So, you see, they ARE getting something out of this transaction- peace of mind.

The best way to get comfortable talking with sellers is to just jump right in. Pick up the paper and start calling ads. This might not land you a deal, but it will get you over the initial fear of talking. It is scary at first, but you have to get over the fear and jump in. It all comes down to how bad you want it.

Good luck,
Steph