Combine Bein A Realtor and Bein An Investor

Considering the disclosure a realtor has to make to his client and the fact that you have to work with a Broker. How do I balance bein a realtor and an investor at the same time?

In general, you need to think ethically at all times. Be honest with those you’re dealing with and always disclose who you are and what your position is. If you truly try to help the people whose home you’re buying then they’ll be happy and you’ll be happy. If they tell you that they want full price for their house and want to list it, then your responsiblity is to your broker and to the client (depending on what kind of agency relationship your broker will have to the client) to help them get the most for their house. Ultimately educate yourself on your state and local laws. If you’re a Realtor, contact your local board or read up online regarding disclosure regulations that apply to you.

HTH,

Paul

So we have to disclose we’re Agents…so what?

Our Broker allows us two personal transactions a year without taking a split. If we’ve already made our split…the transactions are then unlimited without our Broker taking a split.

So what’s to balance? Agents are allowed to buy real estate for investment.

I get my investments straight out of MLS…it’s a gold mine (somebody else has already listed it, and the seller’s agreed to the terms).

-Info

REALTOR , broker, investor. Three separate things. Different hats for all. If one gets the majority of their leads from FSBOs, courthouse steps or those sleazy Carleton Sheets type methods, it may be best to surrender your license so that disclosure is not an issue. I know someone who did just that. Dropped his license 15 years ago. If one gets the majority of their leads through MLS, then there is no reason to not keep the license and simply disclose, disclose, disclose.or is that revoke, revoke, revoke? broker license, appraisal license, mortgage broker license, notary public and the all important REALTOR disclosure. Infowell, I am assuming you utilize MLS for the same reason. Without it, one is merely driving around town hoping to stumble across a bargain. In MLS, the odds improve considerably since you can look at several hundred possibilities in the same amount of time you can look at half a dozen by following crackpot methods like Sheets. I wonder if Sheets puts up those detestable bandit signs? :slight_smile:

“Infowell, I am assuming you utilize MLS for the same reason. Without it, one is merely driving around town hoping to stumble across a bargain. In MLS, the odds improve considerably since you can look at several hundred possibilities in the same amount of time you can look at half a dozen by following crackpot methods like Sheets.”

Yahsir…MLS is a potential gold mine if one knows what they’re looking for.

Moreover, when you’ve data sources for nearly 30 states…you can identify emerging markets & look for opportunities there.

I’ve never read Carlton Sheets, or purchased the tapes (though I think the more information one exposes themselves to…the better. Retain was is useful…discard what is useless).

I prefer to buy in emerging markets & ride the equity elevator (less work).

-Info