Closing questions*

I have a few questions about the closing process of a wholesale transaction-

1-After I get a title search done is it my responsibility to schedule a settlement date? or does the end investor do so?

2-Would it be possible to use ONLY a title company and nothing else for the whole transaction?

3-Would I have to hire an attorney (in New York) even if I’m going to use a assignment form? Not double close or anything like that

4-Should the investor and I have the assignment contract notarized?

If someone could answer these questions I’d be on my way to completing my first deal! Thanks in advance!

Could someone PRETTY PLEASE answer some of my questions!!! :cussing

1. If you assign the contract then your end investor is responsibe for all obligation of the contract including setting up a closing.

2. Yes, I have done almost every deal with just a title company, who else do you need? The title agents should be able to answer any of your questions

3. Im from michigan and I know you dont need an attorney here, and assignment form is so basic a 4th grader could do it. It may be in your best interest to have the form notarized.

Good luck with your deal

Thank you for being the only one to respond- I just about had given up hope! thanks again and Take care!

Thank you for being the only one to respond- I just about had given up hope! thanks again and Take care!

TONY,
You have to remember that most members have other jobs and other activities. They do not always have the opportunity to frequently check posts.

It may sometimes take a day or two for a response. That is why we ask posters not to “bump” their posts.

Thanks and good luck.

Yes yes I know and it’s ok. By the way it took 3 days :biglaugh