closing on sub-2 deal

I’m closing my first deal. Is it mecessary to do a survey, and can I make the seller pay for that? We can do the inspection ourselves, and I know I need title insurance. Also, I learned I can add my name to their home owner policy. We will sign a quit claims deed in front of a notary. Just wanted to see how others handle this. I know each state does things alitle different, though!

Sometimes the owners have had a survey done that you can use. If they have lost it, or haven’t had one in years … I would get another done. I have had it both ways. When I did require a survey I paid for it myself at closing.

Hope this Helps,

Heather Zaal

Do not use Quit Claim Deed. Get a general warranty deed. The title company will probably have this done for you if you are closing with one. You will not need a survey until someone gets a new loan on the property and then only if an existing survey is over 7 years old or there have been changes to the property such as a pool or room addition.

Hope this helps. Call or write if i can help more

Thank you,

Ted P. Stokely Jr
11505 Sw Oaks
Austin, Texas 78737

512-301-9171 home
512-587-6177 mobile

Thankyou both, that helps alot!!!