CHRYSLER.........RIP.........1925 - 2009

And my Ford shares might as well be tied to a runaway kite. Just look at this dismal return: 108.60%

Not bad considering my buy in date was 3/24… :beer

Get ready for another good run-up, that loudmouth Cramer is pitching F: The Daily Booyah! Sell GM, Buy Ford

And my Ford shares might as well be tied to a runaway kite. Just look at this dismal return: 108.60%

You don’t have ANY return unless you’ve sold your Ford stock. I’m going to try again to short Ford in the morning.

Mike

I sold off about 1/5 of my holdings about a week ago (needed some cash) and the rest of it unless it takes a MEGA dive I will still be way up.

Or…You could NOT own ANY Ford shares and be sitting on the sidelines watching this thing rocket.

Not trying to break your stones here Mike…But…Exactly what I warned you would happen has happened. You owned this stock at just over $2…Sold it for a dollar and change profit…Now your watching from the sidelines…and as predicted…can not reconcile buying back a stock you once owned at $2 now that it’s almost $6.00.
This is what always happens to the average Joe investor. They play for short money. (I think Mike said he made $900)
And they miss a opportunity that presents itself once or twice in their lifetime. The writtings on the wall…

Mike at some point you just need to throw in the towel. Ford’s the only American car company that hasn’t taken Goverment money. They have ALREADY cut a deal with their bond holders that slashed HALF of their outstanding debt (almost $10,000,000,000 worth) Their product pipeline is the strongest of ANY car company out there. And the FED’S are about to unleash a HUGE “CASH FOR CLUNKERS” plan which will apply to American Car companies ONLY. This plan will give people who trade in older cars REBATES in the thousands of $$$$$ towards the purchase of a new car. The Chrysler bankruptcy and eventual GM bankruptcy is PUSHING people right into Ford showrooms. (That’s a FACT supported by trade in data…Lot’s of GM and Chrysler product now showing up on Ford dealers trade in lots)

In addition, Ford just drove one of their new Fusions Hybrids 1400 MILES on a SINGLE TANK OF FUEL ( a new record I might add)
The reviews coming out on the NEW Taurus are OFF THE CHARTS. The Euro Fiesta is BLOWING it’s competition out of the water (according to comparisons with the Honda Fit and Toyota Yaris by leading automotive magazines) Those magazines SELL A LOT OF CARS!!

And…believe it or not…There are a LOT of Americans (I’m one of them) who DIDN’T take out equity loans on their homes, DON’T have credit card debt, didn’t buy 3 condos in Florida in 2006, and are actually MAKING MORE MONEY NOW than they did in the last 3 years!!!

If we get a pull back in Ford…

JUST BUY THE STOCK!!! In 5 years it will be the best investment you made in 2009!

So now the question is… what’s the likelihood of having a pull back on Ford and should it be bought regardless at it’s current price of almost $6?

and thanks for the reply to my previous post

Not trying to break your stones here Mike.....But....Exactly what I warned you would happen has happened. You owned this stock at just over $2..Sold it for a dollar and change profit...Now your watching from the sidelines......and as predicted....can not reconcile buying back a stock you once owned at $2 now that it's almost $6.00.

That’s not quite right. I bought it at $2.10 and made a total of $1.90 on it (including the covered call I sold) in a very short period of time (in other words, I almost doubled my money). Unlike anyone that is holding it, I actually made money with it (cash in hand.) Since then, I haven’t been sitting staring at that money wishing it were still in Ford Stock. I have bought BAC, ACI, and AA, sold covered calls on them (more than once) and had everything but ACI called out. So, I’ve made more money by using the money elsewhere than by simply leaving it sit in Ford. I carefully looked at the Ford chart again this morning and have placed an order to short it at $6.94 GTC. I doubt if it will make it to $6.94, but if the general market moves a little farther up before it tanks, it should.

Ford is NOT out of the woods by any stretch. They will be at a competitive disadvantage once Chrysler and GM go through bankruptcy and they are bleeding cash at an alarming rate.

So now the question is.. what's the likelihood of having a pull back on Ford and should it be bought regardless at it's current price of almost $6?

I’d say that the probability of a significant pull back is 100% before it gets above $7. Stocks don’t go straight up and Ford is LOSING MONEY!

Mike

I think we do get a pull back at some point…And I can see what Mike is trying to do here.

Again…I was in no way trying to argue with Mike over this. He’s got a lot of experience investing and he knows what he’s doing. My post was directed at some of the other people here who have been following this Ford story. And to some extent, it was a little nudge to Mike to not lose sight of the bigger picture here.

To answer your question…

No one really knows…I’d be BS’ing you if I told you what was going to happen as far as small price movements.

Just remember that in 1980 when Ford was at the door step of bankruptcy the stock was $1.00. They had MOUNTAINS of debt and the economy was living with 15% mortgage rates and unemployment numbers that were equal to what we have now. Keep in mind…

PRODUCT bought Ford back from the brink then in the Taurus…($1/share in 1980 to $36/share with 3 stock splits along the way in 1998)
PRODUCT bought Chrysler back from the brink in 1992 in the Intrepid, Viper and Dodge RAM pickups ($9/share to $160/share when Mercedes purchased them)
PRODUCT bought Porsche back from the brink in 1993. The all NEW 993 (911) and Boxster along with the end of the 944 and 928 series.($20/share to $300/share in 2005)

This stock is a LONG TERM INVESTMENT…The Ford Alan Mullaly is building is NOTHING like ANY previous version of this company. It would not surprise me AT ALL to see Ford stock NORTH of $50/share 5 to 7 years out…

At that point does it really matter if you got in at $3 or $5???

All that WILL MATTER is… that you GOT IN!!!

Mike made $900 on his Ford stock…I’m not playing that game…I’m playing a MUCH BIGGER picture with much more knowledge of what’s going on and what’s coming.

Finally…What did the CHARTS tell you in March when Ford was $1.50/share and you had sold ALL you shares months earlier and were sitting on $900 in profit??? Why didn’t the CHARTS have you LOADING UP on a stock that 1 month later would be approaching a 300% return???

The CHARTS didn’t tell ANYONE to buy GOODYEAR at $3.69 on March 9th.
That stock is $11.00+/ share now. I made over $90,000 profit on that investment and I missed a HUGE chunk of the move.
I bought that stock not based on CHART patterns…But on the same principles that led me to Ford. It was a company in the midst of a turnaround.

I do hope that Mike is right about a pull back in Ford. I’m sure there’s a whole lot of people here who’d LOVE another shot at this stock at the sub $4.00 level!!!

My personal story-
Bought in 5 weeks ago at $2.80/share x 1312 shares ($3,698.23 total). About a week ago I cashed out 275 shares and put that money in my pocket ($1,097.02 ). After cashing out those shares and pocketing the money my balance that started out 5 weeks ago at $3700 is now $6,107.94. $6,107.94 + $1097.02 = $7204.96…not bad from a $3700 investment. Could I have done the same with some quick trades or risky shorts? Maybe…but I’m not really a pro trader. This was set it and forget, just like the pros claim with rentals. Except that it actually did work out and I didn’t get screwed over. Was it risky? Sure…no stock trade is risk free. But was there anything that showed Ford was about to tank in that time period? Absolutely not. They dumped half their debt, debuted a bunch of really sweet cars, posted smaller losses than expected, their cash burn is smaller than expected, they will return to profitablilty in less time than expected. THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! :rolleyes