Carleton Sheets

I bought this program about a year ago and just briefly looked at it. Does anyone think i should study it? Does his system work?
I am in eastern Pa. if different parts of the country makes a difference. thanks LMK.

Yeah I guess it works anywhere from what I understand I personaly have never looked it over. How much of it did you buy? From what I understand its a three or four part course I like the crazy investor stuff personally it gave me a ton of new Ideas at a fraction of the cost. Not to mention It is simple to follow.


What is The Crazy Investor ?


I also bought the carlton sheet propgram, I found it to be ok. It tells you what he did but doesn’t tell you how to go about doing the same. And I get sales call from them just about ever other day for over 3 months trying to sell me more info.
Dont get me wrong there was a work book that I did like but the rest I could have done with out.
Just my opinion…

A good bit of his program is illegal in the state of Texas, and in many other states. Buyer beware! Check with an attorney and a real estate professional.

I have found the Sheets program very informative.

If you study it several times and apply what it says, you should be closing some deals pretty soon.

BTW: What part of the sheets program is illegal?


Read RESPA. The Real Estate Settlement and Procedures Act.

RESPA is about closing costs and settlement procedures. RESPA is a HUD consumer protection statute designed to help homebuyers be better shoppers in the home buying process. RESPA requires that consumers receive disclosures at various times in the transaction and outlaws kickbacks that increase the cost of settlement services. RESPA is enforced by HUD.

View more at

in some states in order to do a no money down deal some of the documents have to be changed. When most banks say they are lending 70% LTV, they mean 70% of the purchase price or the appraised value whichever is cheaper. So if you find a deal that is below market you will have to change the contract to reflect the appraised value so that you don’t have to come out of your pocket with any expenses. ex. FMV=$100k PP=$50k Even though the proerty is worth 100k, the bank will only lend 70% of the 50k which is the purchase price, meaning you have to come up with the remaining 30% plus closing costs. If you have a contract for 100k and the owner only wants 50k all of your expenses are covered plus you get a check back at closing.

There is a little more to it then that!!! I recive cash back all the time and have been for 9+ years

Normally those who don’t understand creative financing tend to think it is illegal and those who are doing it are swindlers. Much of this comes from ignorance. It is totally okay to think outside the box so don’t be afraid to figure out how it works and that not everyone is ethically wrong. It is common place to bid low on properties. If a seller says yes to the first offer made then guess who left money on the table. YOU DID…As investors we should try to get the best deal possible. That’s the art of negotiation. I personally do not subscribe to Carlton Sheets but I know if I had PAID for it I certainly would be trying to use it. I am a Russ Whitney student and don’t have a single problem with his methods. I have been enlightend to the many ways that Real Estate can be my vehicle to financial freedom. I don’t have any reservations about the things I’ve learned. Beleive me I am normally a “doubting thomas.”

Remember: Anyones program will work for you if you beleive in it and you work hard at it.

Dave T

I got the course and Carleton Sheets does warn you about the illegal tanglements you can get yourself into. When he talks about Foreclousers and Lease option plan in one of his videos. He says that you should first make sure you read your state’s legal requirements and what you can and can’t do. because each state is different.

Well, I am still reading the course, it doesn’t look bad, He seems to break things down to sections or volumes. The manual is like a workbook, where he gives you homework that you have to do before you go onto the next.

Like for example: He says to read, listen, and watch first. Than you make a goal list one short and one long, than you are to obtain a credit report, create a workplace, and find your first ad for potential property, and so forth. Right now it looks complex, but I figuare if I take one day at a time, and one step a time, I will be able to see the process more clearer.

I hear a lot of complaints about the course. But I think it all depends how much effort on your part your willing to invest. I believe you can make the course work with you if your determined enough.

i have his course, its too general, its okay, but a new guy needs a specific path to follow less s/he get off the beaten success path.

If you bought it - READ IT!
Be one of only 10% of the people who buy Home Study Programs and actually crack those wrappers!

Then, when you are ready - be among about 10% of those people, and DO WHAT YOU READ!

Only 1% - 2% of people who buy programs actually use them. Make sure YOU are among those top 1%, and leave the other 99% wondering “what happened?”

maybe by reading hi course you will find a specialty of investing that you like, there are so many. the folks who seem to have had alot of succcess in the begining, found a specialtiy and stuck with it.

for me its hard to learn everything about everything when I was new, now gradually, I am learning new techniques. Okay wanted to see what this glow thing is like, best of luck to you, keep us posted on your successes.

Yeah I’m thinking about buying the course, but I wanted to do a lot of research before buying it though. Interested, but hesistant. :-\

I am so GREEN… I bought the Carlton Sheets program last spring…all that material at once scared the begeebies out of me… sent it back… my hubby said maybe I shouldn’t have sent it back. He is a real “BIRD in Hand” type person. Takes no chances. I like to wheel and deal. So I was surprised that he made the comment. We work well together as he can size up what has to be done for repairs & I handle the $ buying/sales.Sheets called in Nov & told me they had changed the program & it was easier. So I thought I would try it again. This time giving it at least 100%. Due to circumstances I only skimmed through it till today… I called the help line and they told me about this sight… I am actually looking for someone who is in the souther part of Ala/NWFla area who might be willing to share knowledge with me…I am interested in an apt building as a long term investment income and very interested in distressed houses to turn over. Is there anyone out there who is willing to share knowledge in this area? by this I don’t mean about finding houses, I think I can find them, I need help on the HOW to part. Like someone else already stated Sheets doesn’t actually tell you HOW TO. JL