Carleton Sheets coaching

I see that your income is growing exponentially even as we speak.

Here’s what you said in your previous post:

p.s. I havent bought a toyota with my real estate knowledge, but I have bought a vette w/cash, a harley w/cash, 26 homes, and have made over $100,000 this year flipping homes in a bad market.

Now, you’re saying that you are making $220,000! At least try to keep your story straight! Details do matter.

As for the expenses, here are a few: vacancies, evictions, legal fees during evictions, court costs, damage done by tenants, routine maintenance (even brand new houses with tenants have maintenance), management fees (either a management company or you), office supplies, fuel for your vehicle (going to and from your properties), lawsuits, entity maintenance, capital expenses, exterminations, etc, etc, etc. I could go on and on, but any real landlord with any experience would already know this.

I sincerely hope that you’re not advising new landlords. If they take your expense numbers as the truth, they’ll soon be broke! At least make an attempt to learn the facts before advising others.

Mike

Evidently someone has some insecurities, I dont come out firing at anyone. I am making $100-$120k on just the last 5 flips, if you would like to take a look at any of my paperwork I would be more than happy to provide it. The wholesale that I did just prior to this I will clear $10k on the wholesale before that I will clear $7k on the first flip I did this year I made $15k, this is side money, I will make over $100k just being a realtor, so $220k is actually less than I will be making, but whos counting? Oh you are!

Since you found my website, and your sure im robbing people and lying, please dont hesitate to call, I can email you my deeds, my p/a, I can even send my w2’s at the end of the year. Im not looking for a pissing contest. Someone asked about the carlton sheets program and I disagreed. Im sorry if it hurt your feelings. I just hate to see people spend money on knowledge that might be found eisier elsewhere. I have nothing against carleton sheets, one of my good friends parents actually appear on his infomercial, he did great for them.

You do sound like you know your stuff, I would happily pay you $125/hr to teach me the ways, just send over your number, and an email and I can get you cash immediately. I am always up for learning, I dont know it all, some people claim to, but I am not one of them.

Anything that I say I do, I do. Im sure you are a great landlord and your income and knowledge dwarf mine. I am just a newbie who knows NOTHING except how to make a little bit of money, but I am more than happy to learn from anyone anytime. I will PM you my phone number and you are welcome to call me at anytime to discuss how ridiculously dumb I am, I realize you are much more clever than me, and that I know nothing compared to you.
So I will happily pay you to teach me.

I dont want enemies, I dont know it all and have never claimed to, I just want to help a few people save time and make money. I will say it again, if there is one thing I know how to do it is make money. I will learn from anybody, but it always helps to learn from people who have what you want. If you want to learn to make money, talk to people that make money. If you want to learn to bake bread, you dont talk to a cabinet maker, you talk to a baker.

I appreciate your advice,
Eric medemar

p.s I will pm you my phone number, and will wait to hear from you Monday, I am hoping to learn from you, you sound like a wealth of knowledge. I will be happy to pay you for your time.

Hey all,

I was just trying to encourage the original poster of this topic. Can we try that? And through all of this… did anyone notice whether I did or did not recommend the coaching course?

I just stated it worked for me. I was conveying that I had actual experience with coaching.

It’s not going to work for everyone. Heck Investing at all is not for everyone. That’s why I requested the guy message me privately. I would have to know more about him before I recommended it or not.

Help the newbies, folks.

Jeff

sorry, I get a little empassioned sometimes about the aspects of what some of the gurus teach and the costs associated with their courses. For my main living I sell real estate and I see people that get taken advantage of signing up for programs that they can never afford, like the people I mentioned in my previous posts, that was $4000 some odd dollars that they didnt have and they put it on a credit card, on top of too much debt already, they never did invest, they kind of got a strange taste in their mouth from their lack of being able to cancel their program.

They should have done their due diligence but they didnt, their bad I guess.

Like I said earlier one of my friends, parents are on the infomercial and are one of his best prodogies so I due know that it works if put in the right hands.

I didnt mean to sound braggy about my paid off stuff, and homes, its just everyday I have too laugh that a guy like me can make so much money so easily. I dont think Im cool or great in the least, but I do think what I do is very cool and love to help and learn from other people.

Eric Medemar

Wow, a lot of Great comments on this topic! :slight_smile:

I’m am just wondering ??? how many people other than me actually bought the Carlton Sheets cousre (3 years ago) off the TV and has comments about it?

Also if it is so bad why has it been selling on infomercials for over 20+ years?

My comment was it gave good beginner information but not all the information you needed to really do the deals as talked about in the examples and workbooks that came with his course. The support was not there for me, unless I paid the next level, so I did and when I got to that level, they wanted me to pay more for the next level.

I did not like being nickeled and dimed, and would have appreciated if they just said the top course and mentorship was $29,000.00 + or whatever but they did not.

I guess maybe I should have worked harder, run some more ads in the paper, knocked on my doors, put out more bandit signs, drove around more neighborhood, stood in line at mores courthouse sales, borrowed more money, begged sellers to finance or something.

So maybe Carlton Sheets did not fail me, maybe I failed Carlton Sheets?

Anyway glad that and others are behind me and I am now a full time Real Estate investor.

Wallace,

I also took the Carleton Sheets No Money Down Course and found it to be a very comprehensive beginner’s course. It had everything that I needed to get started and in fact I did get started and bought my first house immediately after spending one week studying the course. The basic course contained basic methods of buying property including many no money down techniques. It even included all the forms and contracts to get started. As I recall, it did not include detailed information or forms/contracts on advanced techniques like sub 2 and lease option. All in all, WELL WORTH THE SMALL PRICE OF THE COURSE. Best of all were the videos where they interviewed former students about various topics. Very good information for landlords also, although like almost all other guru courses, the facts about real world expenses were not given.

I my experience, most people who are successful in business are self-starters and do not need to be spoon fed by a coach. This coaching thing is just a relatively recent fad that exploits people by convincing them that they need someone holding their hand. Even worse, most of these coaches are just script readers or other newbies pretending to be real estate investors. “Those that can - DO, Those that can’t - TEACH!” Seems to be true with REI.

At any rate, if someone really needs some extra help and is absolutely determined to do REI, then a paid coach or mentor might be money well spent. However, in my opinion, you can get a better coach and mentor for free by just making a few friends (of successful investors) at your local REIA!

Mike