Carleton Sheets Coaching Program

Can anyone comment on the Carleton Sheets Coaching Program (The course that costs $3,985) ???

Hi RLS,

I can’t vouch for that specific program, but I know that Carleton Sheets isn’t the only RE “guru” that uses that ploy to sucker starting investors. You would probably be better going to a local REI club and making some friends that could help walk you through some deals. That $4000 could be better invested. Sheets definitely profits from you buying it more than you would. Just food for thought…Good luck.

I would not spend that on his program, start out with a bdog book by cash or wholesaling for quick cash by steve cook, marketing book by will tingle.

but dont blow your money. why? a 10k program thebest in the nation makes you no money…unless you apply it. I did 65 homes in 20 months wholesaling with the above material, they are less than 200 bucks,need I say more?

happy holidays,

chris i noticed your reply to mr sheets coaching program i agree with you i am new to the re game also and would like to join a local clb to have someone walk me through a cople of deals i am from the knoxville area do you have any contacts thanks!

but dont blow your money. why? a 10k program thebest in the nation makes you no money…unless you apply it. I did 65 homes in 20 months wholesaling with the above material, they are less than 200 bucks,need I say more?

I am impressed!

Greetings… I did the program from Carlton about two years ago. I was a beginning investor and I admit that I learned a bunch of basic information from his original program and the coaching program expanded on this. It gave me the basic knowledge I needed to make my decision to start. My recommendation is to join a club in your area or find a mentor. You will learn LOADS more doing it. Good Luck.

I noticed you were from Knoxville. I am from upper east Tennessee. There is also a club listed in Kingsport though inactive. The closest one to me is Asheville so really does me no good. RE clubs are not really common. I have only found them in large metro areas.

Greetings… I did the program from Carlton about two years ago. I was a beginning investor and I admit that I learned a bunch of basic information from his original program and the coaching program expanded on this. It gave me the basic knowledge I needed to make my decision to start. My recommendation is to join a club in your area or find a mentor. You will learn LOADS more doing it. Good Luck.
;D :-\ This is where I am too… I am in lower Ala and interested in the Mobile Al and Pensacola Fla area… Would be soooo thrilled to find a mentor… I have the basic system from Carlton Sheets.
JL

Listen… All of you guys just want something for free. Yes, it helps. Yes, it gives you a foundation. Yes, it would still be helpful to get into a re club. However, I did over a million dollars worth of aquisitions in less than 7 months through the coaching. If you are lazy, stay out of it. If you want success, they can help you. No matter what you are guarantted that you will own property if you just do what they ask. I know it work!!

Our advice to you is save your money, and invest it properly DO NOT give it away to Carlton or any other “guru” for coaching.

It is all a line of BS, marketing that is all that it is.

If you are new to real estate investing DO NOT listen to all the marketing BS, they all make it sound so easy well it is NOT easy, and laws differ from State to State, not everyone can do it, it takes many hours of hard word and dedication plus having the right connections to make it in this business cut and dry.

You will either have it in you to be a real estate investor or you will not plain and simple.

You will learn more by paying your dues doing research on your own for FREE, join your local REIgroup, buy 5 to 10 real estate investing books for 15 to 20 bucks each.

Take your time and NEVER rush into anything, you will get all the connections you need to invest in real estate from your local REIgroup for FREE.

DONT DO IT!!! I have a friend who works in Las Vegas at the call center, it is one of the biggest scams going. They just prey on people who have little or no knowledge. Everything you get is obtainable online, just do your research. Why give thousands of your money away for something that is free when you could use it as a down payment on your first deal?

i ordered the program 2x. First time I was very eager, second time i thought the new program would teach me something new. I havn’t made a dime at all. All my offers were rejected. Am I still missing something, or does it just not work?

eruss,

Honestly I think you need to refine what you are doing if you want your offers accepted. I can tell you right now there are only 2 things you need to change, maybe only one.

1. Make more reasonable/doable offers

2. Make sure you are making offers to motivated sellers

It DOES work, just it IS harder than the typical homebuyer looking through ads in the paper or MLS listings.

NO, DON"T DO ITTTTTT :cry:
I have a friend that took advantage of the coaching offered from the same or similar program. Her experience ? She would call for coaching, explaine the situation and get advice. Get stuck and call again. Thus getting another " advisor" have to explaine the situation from start to finish AGAIN. only to be told that she had been given the wrong advice and this is what she needed to do. 3rd call, yet different advice.

Each area of the nation is different with different markets. These " advisors" are NOT investors. They are sitting at a computer, type in the question, give you their take on it. People paying hard earned money for these programs are nothing but profit to the program. They could care less if you succeed, only if you put money in their pocket.

If a person pays money to learn the basics, then immidiatly are contacted to " upgrade" you have to know there are many more " upgrades" coming with a higher price tag on it.

REIaddicted

Coaching programs are great and the cost should not be the factor!

When you are seeking after a coaching program, you should truly seek someone in your local market!

One that understands the market in your local.

Many years ago I had the privilege of seeing a major players coaching center in Utah, what I saw was a sea of bodies with head sets on in front of their computer screens typing in callers question into the computer and giving answers that the computer told them to say. Looking at the sea of bodies and the average age under 25 made me, wonder if any ever even purchased a property.

For me each real estate transaction has been unique. Not simply black and white.

You will find that some of your best mentors will be in your own backyard such as a friend, family member, a local realtor or that person standing next to you at the sheriff sale or trustee sale.

Join a local REI club you may find an old timer who takes a liking to you and takes you under their wing.

Overpriced course! Buying properties with no money down , is not new anymore and some banks and mortgage brokers offer it now since our interest rates now at its lows in decades.

Most of the strategies you will learn from that coaching is available right here! And they’re FREE way cheaper than Carlton Sheets program!

Save you money!

I hope I do not offend any one, but you just can not learn to be a real estate investor by reading forums or by reading a book - The value of education in this field can not be determined by a price tag. :wink:

Forums - Books - Courses are just tools!

I know a lot about the workings of his teachings and have meet 100’s of his students that have been successful and yes on the other side I have meet 1,000’s who where not, but this is the case of all teaching programs.

If you go along haphazardly in this field you will crash and burn.

As an investor and a teacher in real estate, investing it just causes me great pain to see a student fail (NO BULL). In addition, it does not matter if they are another’s or mine.

Thank of it this way - what is the cost of ignorance

No matter what you must be a seek of knowledge in this business.

Before selecting any teacher in the business start off small such as a few articles, books or tapes and if this teacher reaches you deep down in side than you need to go after all the teaching they have!

Years ago I went through all of Carleton’s and Russ’s programs 10’s of thousands of dollars later I made it all back 10 fold.

To me the cost of education does not matter - so it cost $1,000’s to learn one thing to make money - I can make money with it for the rest of my life! :wink:

Good lord I had better get off this soapbox!
Just keep seeking folks you will find your way.

We ordered Carlton’s program and it only cost us around $250, so I’m confused what people are talking about when they say his program costs thousands of dollars??

We ordered the program because we know nothing about real estate and we’re trying to purchase our first home in extremely expensive southern california. My husband majored in business and he’s currently researching correspondence programs to study for his broker’s license, and I’m using my extra time to read/ watch/ and listen to Carlton’s course.

$250 doesn’t seem like a terribly large amount of money to us to invest in learning some real estate basics, and so we’re optimistic about the program and I definitely plan to complete the entire course and try some of the ideas myself before I’m going to discount it. But, even if it doesn’t work, it’s a great way to begin immersing myself in the investing culture and to help me learn about what works and what doesn’t work. I would like to join one of those groups that many of you have been talking about, too. Do you know where I would look to find an investing group in southern california?

~Andie :wink:

All the talk is about the up-sale progress that you will be dealing with. Coaching and more advanced programs.

The $250 with easy payments of $19.99 and 200% money back gaurantee and whatever else that comes on late night TV infomercials is your introduction to all the ‘valuable’ (loose term) products Carlton offers. Give it a few weeks/months and you will get plenty of offers to buy more things that are sold to you on the basis they will help you further in your quest for riches.

Can you tell I don’t really like the TV infomercial gurus?

Also you can get alot of that type of stuff on EBay from less successful students.