Can anyone do a bad credit personal loan?

Im looking to get a personal loan for around 10,000 to pay off some bills and buy a house on land contract. My mid score is around a 535. Where would I find some one who could do a loan like this? If it helps im in Iowa.

Tim Case

That’s a tough one. Start with your bank. If you have collateral like a car they will be more receptive.

Outside of that, Capital One and Bank of America offer signature loans.

you’re the poster child for http://www.prosper.com/

Why not take out 100% financing on the home? If you can show your income… you should have an interest rate at about 6.5 to 8.5 fixed for 30 years or 40 years- how ever you like.

Dianne

I second the prosper answer…

How soon could you pay it back? 3 months? 6 months?

Jeremy I could pay it back in 6 to 12 months. The house I am looking at is on the market for 22,500 but when they fisrt put it on they wanted 35,000 and it is assessed for taxes at about 60,000 so I know there is equity in it. Im just owrking on my credit and was planing on refinanceing in 6 to 12 months.

Tim

Tim - Go for prosper.com. There are few people that will be willing to do a personal loan for over $20K with an uncertain credit history. Best of luck. I don’t know where you live but those house prices sound incredible.