Buffalo NY investment property..

Ok I found what seems to be a great investment property in Buffalo NY…I have spoken with the owner and I’m dealing with him directly…The building has been looked over and besides a few small cosmetic issues all seems good enough considering…I’m hoping to find someone on these boards who can assist me with obtaining a property manager in the area that is has a good track record…I would also be interested in anyone who is already a landlord in the area…The property I’m looking at purchasing is with in walking distance to the college and the apartments are all rented to students…Please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated…I’m trying to find a few good property managers in various upstate areas that can manage properties and actually make them cashflow…

I know of a great property manager BUT he will only work in decent areas. What street is this property on? There are some REALLY bad areas in buffalo that you would not want to go. Buffalo has a ver liberally run local government and you know what that means right? Absolutely no good for anything except welfare. Very non business. Anyway I know of an investor from california that bought a property for 10k needed some work never got a days rent from the tenants and had the city code inspectors all over him for violations that he had no contacts from which to fix. So he ended up actually giving the biulding away for free to anyone that could fix the violations since they were fining him. Needless to say it was in a bad neighborhood. Let me know what street you are on and I will let you know if its decent or not.

dwj,
The block has been looked at,the area is very good and with in walking distance to univ of buffalo…My issue is a property manager if you can help I would appreciate that very much…I sent you a private message 2 weeks ago that went unanswered or maybe it never made it…You seem knowledgeable about the area and have come across like you have a plan…

Anyone else please contact me here or post some advice…All advice is extremely appreciated…

is it in elmwood area? How close to the university? North of the university has some crack areas. There is only certain areas in the city that are ok