Bird Dogging Question

Hey everyone, I have been poking around here for a couple of weeks now and I want to thank everyone who posts their questions and also everyones answers. This information is very informative. I am currently a finance student at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA. Im 21 and I would like to get started into real estate via bird dogging. Is there any tips that anyone has for getting in contact with investors in order to get my foot in the door? Also what makes it more difficult is that I don’t know what to look for. Any information would be helpfull thank you all.

Vic

Howdy Vic:

Look for sellers that need to sell. They may be facing foreclosure or other pressing financial difficulty. Vacant houses are good to search and find the owners as someone could be making two payments or has just given up and it may be sold for back taxes. Divorce and death are a few more leads to follow as well as folks moving into retirement homes that need to sell so they can get medicare etc. Find investors too that are sick of the rental business. All kinds of sellers wot there that need to sell.

It should be easy to find investors who will buy your good deals. Go to local club meetings, call on ads in the paper and signs on the side of the road that state they buy houses. The 'We Buy Ugly Houses Co" buys houses in your area as an example.

Thanks alot for your help, I really appriciate it… Ill get working on finding some houses