Bird Dogging for Buyers

I am new at Real Estate Investing and I am desperately seeking advice on how to go about creating a buyers list for my properties? Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find buyers and start creating a buyers list?

Please help

Join your local REI association (lot of times there are seasoned investors that pay cash), people in your church, your insurance agent, your doctor, etc…

You would be surprised

8)hi, wayne here

do like i did, look in the local paper, thirfty nickel , etc.
there u will see ‘‘i buy houses’’ call these people & ask them what they are looking for, what areas, price,etc.
i myself iam a newbie & i have a list of 20 buyers down here & a few up in austin.
hope this helped you,
best of luck
wayne :wink:

What i dont understand about birddogging is if the hardest part of real estate investing is FINDING the deals why would you sell them off cheap once you finally find them. I hear so many people having such a hard time finding deals, but all yall birddogs find the deals but sell them off for a 4,000 profit meanwhile you could have made 20,000+ on that deal if you put a little more effort into it.

Am i correct in this, or am i way off? thanks in advance

I understand your question, but if you are not interested in owning the property or you don’t have the credit score to buy, why not turn it over to an investor or handyman or 1st timer.
Not everybody that is a wholesaler wants to own property.
Once you do enough deals, you will make the money, get the necessary credit and you will be able to cherry-pick the properties that look worth it

What i dont understand about birddogging is if the hardest part of real estate investing is FINDING the deals why would you sell them off cheap once you finally find them.
Finding deals is not hard, it's time consuming. It takes no skill, money, credit, risk, or resources. Anyone can do it. This is why it's the lowest on the totem pole of cash. There are so many available deals that if you don't sell them cheap investors will just move on to the next one instead of splitting their profits.

People interchange “birddog” and “wholesaler” on this forum.

To me a bird dog simply points the investor toward a prospective property. I charge $1000 at closing if the investor buys my lead. (Little time, little effort and no risk)

A wholesaler speaks with the owner, does due diligence to make sure he has a good deal, gets the property under contract and then finds a rehabber to flip the property to. (more time, lots of effort and the risk of having to actually buy the house if you can’t find another buyer) They stand to make 1-15% of the contract amount.

The rehabber has to secure the money to purchase the home, buy contractor home insurance, pay the utilities, inspections and any taxes during the weeks or months of the rehab. He has to hire and direct the contractors and subcontractors and pay them and for all the rehab materials. If they made a good deal, then they stand to make at least $20k and much more, but they have the resources and knowledge to take on all the time, effort and risk involved. Not every can do that at first.

You are correct, Treens…people do wrongly interchange these terms but you have described them accurately.

Keith

What i dont understand about birddogging is if the hardest part of real estate investing is FINDING the deals why would you sell them off cheap once you finally find them.

Miller Time; as a bird dog the more you work at it , the more you $$$make.

As a bird dog I provide my client with,

1. Sellers info
  2. Property Analysis
  3. Property Inspection

My Fees are $200 to $500 depending on the Property and $1,000 at closing

Do you have a contract to ensure you get paid once the deal is closed ?

I am also just starting out as a bird dog and am devouring the info on this forum (Thanks everyone)

Thanks