Bird Dog

Hi
I am a bird dog. How do I find investors for Roseville, Falcon heights, Lauderdale areas?

Thanks

Form a basic buyers list if you’re just starting out from ads such as the “We buy houses” people from the countless media outlets. But basically, find the good deals and the investors will somehow find their way to you.

Sites like craigslist.org, backpage.com Attend local REI meetings and find out who the buyers are.

Here are just a few ideas.

1 You local newspaper probably has “Investment Real Estate Section.” Call on those numbers, whether they are buying or selling, and let them know you are looking to flip out your contracts.

2 Bandit signs along the highways postged by investors.

3 Your local REI clubs.

4 Google for Investment Real Estate in your local area

5 Drive the neighborhoods you will be doing deals in and look for houses being rehabed and get the owners phone numbers.

6 Call local Hard Money Lenders and ask them for investors that they lend money to.

7 Have local realtors introduce you to investors they know.

Bottom line is when you find the right deals, there is an overabundance of investors out there ready to buy the deal. But work on putting together your list of investors first, so when you get the right deal, they are just a phone call away.

Post on every website known to man that deals with RE. That is how I started. It is a pain in the rear, but it will help you figure out what works and what does not. Keep track of which ad and which site pulls the best. Basic tally marks type of thing.
Also, as a long time investor I will tell you this: Do what it takes to look professional. I tell all of my rookie investors this when I train them. Everyone goes the cheap route. Do everything pro.
In this business, every dollar you spend will come back to you. It will set you apart from the cheapo types. Spend a few bucks to advertise.
Invest in your business. It will come back bigger.