Best way to get Excel

2 things:

I bought Quickbooks Pro - holy crap…can you say complex?

i’m thinking of boxing it up and reselling it online or something for like 120 bucks (I paid 220 two months ago).
I saw Quicken offers - Rental Property Manager for up to 10 properties…looked pretty easy - comments?

And Excel - anyone selling or know of any place to get it at least somewhat cheap?

Thanks…

There’s a software package at http://www.openoffice.org/ where you can download a program that is like excel.

Not sure if Quickbooks requires Excel (the program) or just Excel-formatted spreadsheets. If it’s the latter (the spreadsheets themselves and not the program) then I agree with ‘jclick’ - OpenOffice is top-notch, is FREE, and converts/reads MS file formats like Excel.

You would not be able to use the other program with quickbooks since QB launches excel and puts the report into a new file.

QB doesn’t have a preference setting that enables you to override what program to launch? Seems something this sophisticated would come with more flexibility.

QB doesn’t have a preference setting that enables you to override what program to launch? Seems something this sophisticated would come with more flexibility.

Wow. Llooking over some posts in their community message board, it appears they don’t allow integration of OpenOffice with their product (for now). What a shame.