Best Cash Flow Area?

What city in the USA do you know has the
best income properties for cash flow and some
chance of Future appreciation?

Long term for a 7 to 10 year investment period I would look to the top 10 growing cities in the US. Look for the historical growth areas.
(Look at last 5 years numbers, city a, b, c, & d were on list 5 out of 5 years and e, f, g, h, i, & j have been on the list 2 to 4 years out of the last five.)

The fastest growing cities or states list may be top 25 cities or states?

For shorter term 2 to 5 years look at stable cities with good vibrant economies and low unemployment rates. Area’s that are stable and have low foreclosure numbers.

So where are they? :shocked

Fastest Growing Cities!

1. Fort Worth Texas
  2. Phoenix Arizona
  3. Austin Texas
  4. San Antonio Texas
  5. Charlotte North Carolina
  6. Albuquerque New Mexico
  7. El Paso Texas
  8. San Jose California
  9. Denver Colorado
  10. Jacksonville Florida

Fastest Growing States!

1. Utah
  2. Arizona
  3. North Carolina
  4. Texas
  5. Colorado
  6. Idaho
  7. Nevada
  8. Wyoming
  9. Georgia
  10. South Carolina

How many properties does anyone own in each of these places?

Everyone of those states/cities is over built. Let me let you in on a little secret - student housing. It’s is NOT tied to the economy, but rather things like demographics. And the demographics for student housing look better now than ever before. For example, last year’s high school graduating class was the largest ever! Good luck.

Sounds interesting, how do you invest in student housing.

Student Housing is just housing near colleges/universities for the most part.

Some of these owners have relationships with the schools.

I was also thinking about this idea of cash flow areas…and thought about the fact that people manage to lose money in all areas …even if they are considered the best for cash flow.

So I think a lot of it comes down to your own management abilities. Of course there are areas where rents are higher in proportion to sales prices vs other areas where rents are low in proportion. But people can still lose money if the place is vacant most of the time, they don’t get the right tenants, they overpay for a property,etc.

this is true, if you are not disaplend then you can lose money in almost anything.

these list that always come out are total BS. Where the hell do they seem to get the data?? Each magazine comes out with a different list, so how can anyones be right. And the US Govt wanting to send out a list. Well enough said with there stats on anything but your chances of lossing your job.

Want cashflow… BUY right…that is the only key. If the numbers do not work, well goodbye to the deal. Show the seller the numbers and what you need to make, if they want to deal they will or if they want to wait for a sucker than let them.

Student housing is good cashflow as long as you have the right students and lease in place. Getting responsible parents on the lease is the key.

A great rental program is getting in with Military bases and renting homes to officers near the base. Based on area, govt pays anywhere from $20-50 a day so you can cashflow great. House needs to be furnished and owners has to provide utilities and phone line. But great thing is, you can double rent when an officer is not there for a few months because he was called onto an assignement on another base but will be back.

I still think lease options will come back and be very profitable. Get 3% downpayments, above market rents…

Sounds like you’re talking about offering temporary housing for military members. While this can be very profitable, don’t count out the benefits to renting to military families. If a regular tenant damages your property, you’ll probably never see any money from a judgement. If a military member damages your property, you’re almost guaranteed to see your money in full. Military commands HATE to get phone calls about a service member being late on their bills or damaging property. They will take drastic measures to make the situation right.

Fully-furnished rental homes in a growth area that has a shortage of hotels.

Furnishedowner