I recently found a great house in a very good neighborhood and just discovered the house was filed under bankruptcy. Who is the party I need to contact first on this situation? I’m just starting out and need help. THANKS :biggrin

If it is in Chapter 13, you need to contact the Trustee which will be onfile at the federal court house.

What if they filed Chapter 7? What is the different between Chapter 7 and 13?

chapter 7 - liquidation of everything
chaper 13 - reorganzation of debt

those are the short version
email me if you want more details