Bankruptcies?

How do you all work bankruptcies? Do you just contact them and ask them if they are selling their house? I am not sure how to approach people I see that have bankruptcies?

i had a similar post. it was addressing a HO’s response when doorknocking. here’s some snippets that may be of some use to you

Me: What to reply…when a homeowner says “I already filed bankruptcy”?

----
That’s okay, we can negotiate with the bankruptcy trustee and perhaps get some money out the house for you.
----

----
“You filed bankrupcty well good for you! It is important to stop the foreclosure. So what bankruptcy did you file? 7 or 13?”

This allows you to find out more information about their situation so you can get ammo on how your solution is better than BK.
----

----
I point out that 75% of chapter 13’s go back into foreclosure in six months. I don’t ask them to sell to me now (because they have a great feeling of relief, and they want to enjoy it), but say “I have bought many homes from people six to nine months after they filed, and I would like you to keep me in mind.” That way if I come back… Hopefully they’ll recognize me and be a little more comfortable.
----

Those were a few differnet responses.

take care,
ryan