Band-it signs technique?

Anybody have a good technique for installing Band-it signs on telephone poles?

I just tried (at 04:30 am!) and found I need 2 people. a ladder, hammer & nails.

The swing / hammer type stapler I bought just would not hold the signs up.

Any suggestions?

I have used the roofing nails with the big orange plastic washer, a hammer and a two step ladder. Seemed to work good for me and I am pretty small.

Check out rementors.com… one of the members has designed a device which is essentially a pole with a hammer and another pole with a clamp. this thing will allow one person to locate a sign higher up on the t pole and keep pesky sign rodents from taking them down.

Sounds good, I will try it.

JOE DO YOU WANT YOUR SIGNS NOT TO GO ANYWHERE?

THAN DO ONE OF THESE.

1. GET AN EXTENDING LATTER THAT CAN GO UPTO 12FT, HOMEDEPT.COM $120 THIS IS KEY FOR HEIGHT, YOUR SIGNS WILL STAY UP FOR MORE THAN 3 MONTHS, BE SURE TO PUT THEM 8-10FT HIGH. FOR NAILS USE ELECTICAL NAILS WITHOUT THE PLASTIC, THESE ARE AWESOME HOLDERS. THEY DON’T MOVE, THE ONLY TIME I HAVE HAD TO REPLACE, NOTICE REPLACE!! MY SIGNS IS BECAUSE THEY BEND FROM THE GUSTY WINDS NOW AND THEN.

2. PUT A THIN LAYER OF WOOD BEHIND THE SIGN, THAT WAY IT WON’T BEND WITH THE WIND OR ANY CONDITION, AND USE THE ABOVE INFO FOR AWESOME SIGN SUCCESS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT.

Thanks,

The idea of using electrical staples is a really good one. I will try that.

Try this sign hammer: http://signhammer.com/witness/

I think you could make it for $10.00 or less

Ha Ha! I have been using a simlar jig made out of PVC Pipe! Didn’t know it was so popular!

Do any of you bandit sign hangers care about the illegal aspect of putting signs on public property or utility poles or the ugly sight-pollution of them? I think they look terrible. I just have a very negative reaction when I see them.

Has anyone been fined for doing the sign thing?

Are they that effective in producing leads?

I think it is a cheap unethical method of marketing for real estate. (Or is it a way to find desperate motivated sellers willing to let someone steal their equity?)

Sorry, but that is my opinion.

I know an investor who will put his signs up, usually staked in the ground near or at large intersections on the medium or the road side on Friday nights, and go back to remove them Sunday evenings. I think this is much more responsible.

Why not replace the bandit sign marketing with TV or radio ads, mailings to expired listings, hire and train real estate agents to make offers on fsbo’s as a fiduciary buyer broker. Pay them the commission. This auto pilot method of making offers on properties could produce many ratified, discounted properties without taking the risk of having to climb up a ladder in the middle of a highway.

Not very professional in my opinion.

But, it works for you………………………

Charles

Charles,

Maybe you should look at another line of business other than real estate.

“Or is it a way to find desperate motivated sellers willing to let someone steal their equity?”

I help people in trouble. Plain and simple. You try telling someone in Foreclosure that you will NOT buy their house, and see just how happy that makes them!

I do NOT steal anything, I throw home owners in trouble a life line. And I am offended by your accusations.

If you do not like Band-it signs, then don’t use them, but do not throw your insults at me!

I use a 6’ pvc pipe that I heated and formed one end to the handle of my slap stapler. I insert my stapler with 1/2" staples in that end of the pipe. I drilled a hole 12" down from the stapler and made a bracket/holder for my signs. I then place the sign on this extention and slap 8 or 10 staples in it. Have your signs made with horizontal flutes and they will not fold over in strong wind. I also use the sign on a stick method at the entrance to all the neighborhoods I want to buy in.

Good Luck!

Comment to my post:

[b]
Maybe you should look at another line of business other than real estate.

“Or is it a way to find desperate motivated sellers willing to let someone steal their equity?”

I help people in trouble. Plain and simple. You try telling someone in Foreclosure that you will NOT buy their house, and see just how happy that makes them!

I do NOT steal anything, I throw home owners in trouble a life line. And I am offended by your accusations.

If you do not like Band-it signs, then don’t use them, but do not throw your insults at me!
[/b]

MY RESPONSE:

[b] Thank you for your kind response to my comments on Bandit Signs. I am sorry… but it is too late for me to look for another line of business other than real estate since I have been in real estate as a broker an auctioneer owner of a real estate investor’s school, developer and chairman of an REIC. Looks like I am stuck with real estate. Last Monday I had my 64th birthday, what other line could I get in to?

I give you credit for hanging signs on telephone poles at 4 in the morning, so you can attract people in foreclosure. It is a great credit to you to try and help people in foreclosure from the kindness of your heart. Most investors are trying to make an equity or cash profit from investing in real estate, since you are doing this purely to help people, I commend you. “Plain and simple”! Your “Life Line” program is commendable.

As for being offended, I only responded to a public post, my remarks were not intended to cause offense to any reader of that post.

If I caused anxiety to even one reader, I personally apologize. My post was not directed to anyone personally.

I have a deep passion for real estate, investing, helping other investors and disseminating good ethical and honest advice. I have answered over 100 post on uslandco.com and many here as well as creonline. I am always willing to give freely of my knowledge and my 40 years experienced in the real estate business.

If you write me, I will send you a little book, as a peace offering, by my friend, Charlie (Tremendous) Jones, called Life is Tremendous. It is a fast read and very motivational. You will enjoy it.

Charles Parrish
www.charlesparrish.com[/b]