ATTENTION grabbing results!

Any advice, when doing mailings to people on pre-foreclosure lists, how to get their attention? Does anyone recommend knocking on doors?

You just have to try different things. You can get creative or you can just do the standard postcards/letters. Sometimes, lumpy mail works. You can use an invitation sized envelope, and add in a piece or hard candy or a trinket of some sort. You can also try the window envelopes and make your letter look like a check. I once heard a “guru” speak about a time when he really wanted to get the homeowners attention and he sent him a watermelon via first class mail - yes, a real watermelon. He got the HO’s attention because he called, according to the “guru”. I have no idea whether or not this is true.

Thank you - I see what you mean - here I go!!!

I have sent about 500 letter/post-cards to homeowner in default, only one replied. With door-knocking I had the best results. I’ll normally go Friday afternoon, Saturday morning and/or afternoon, and Sunday morning before everybody goes to Church.

Hope this helps! ! !

hi Flip
What do you usually say when you knock on their door that works well ?

I once heard a "guru" speak about a time when he really wanted to get the homeowners attention and he sent him a watermelon via first class mail - yes, a real watermelon.
Everytime I go to the post office to ship a package, the person behind the counter asks, " Is there anything liquid, fragile, [b]perishable[/b], or potentially hazardous in here?"

Something like: Hello, my Name is … I just was down at the Courthouse and saw your property listed for sale by your Lender, and I was wondering - how can I help you?

Then I’ll go from there, depending on the home-owners reaction. Normally I start a conversation, or I’ll hand him/her a handwritten card repeading what I just said, also solutions for his problem, and my phone number and email address.

I have a question to add to this. Have any of you guys tried writing a “handwritten letter” to home owner and leaving it on their door? If so, what were your results? Did the homeowner call you back most of the time? I tried that with a homeowner once and she surprisingly called me back within a few hours. The letter was written on a note pad. (It was at the 11th hour and the house still went to auction, but she called.) Any thoughts?

All I can say is try it. Different strokes for different folks. Some people like post-cards, some like long legal-looking letters, some like short letters, some like door-knocking, some like phone calls… it just depends. Find something that makes sense to you, your style of business and your target audience. Just have to try it and tweak as you go.

Read my post .

JOHNNY Q,

I might have missed something but where is the post you’re referring to?

Go to the bottom and see all the post I posted.