Anyone currently in the Raleigh/Durham area?

I’m new to the area and plan on attending the TREIA club meeting on the 16th. I am the definition of a newbie with only a couple months of education (books, forums, articles, etc…), as I try to read/do research for 2-3 hours a night after work. I think I’ve come a long way, but need to start networking to develop some solid contacts (especially if I’m to be successful wholesaling - which is where I plan on starting), not to mention the fact that I need to learn the market! Would love to speak with some of you guys on here about your experience in the Triangle.

Welcome to the triangle.

I’m a new investor myself still looking to do my first deal. Most likely a wholesale but maybe a lease-option as well. I missed the meeting this past month, but plan on attending my first this month as well.

Maybe we could do some joint things together? Who knows?

Again, welcome and I do believe you have moved into a great area for Real Estate.

Sure, I think it would be great to keep up with each other as we’re in the same area and in similar stages of our investing careers. I don’t believe I’m quite ready to set up shop and dive into my first deal just yet, but I don’t think I’m too far off. A couple months may be a realistic time frame. I am hoping the meeting this month will be a great learning experience.

It sounds like we’re in the same boat - I’m looking at wholesaling (or lease option as you said) because I don’t have the cash required for a huge down payment. But right now I’m in the process of making sure that I’m only short on cash, not knowledge!