Anthony Minnuto?

Has anyone taken the Anthony Minnuto course? Any feedback.

Curious to see what the concensus is.

Thanks!

He’s Excellent! I’ve been to a lot of seminars but his was the only one that I felt taught me every step in the entire process. I friend of mine who also went to the seminar with closed on his first apartment building 5 months after attending. The monthly net cash flow is a little over 7 thousand a month and climbing. I’m working on one and will be closed very soon.

Well worth it…

I too am interested, but how on earth is he doing it with no money down? Apparently it has something to do with contacting owners of large appartment buildings to sell off their smaller (I must be REALLY small time as he considers 72- units small :o) buildings because they are not making the owners as much profit.

The only way I could possible understand this is if you convince them that they can 1031 exchange the sale and throw it into one of their larger buildings to make their profits bigger. They would have to sell to you at a steep discount for the bank to no money finance. I dunno it seems too wierd.

If someone went, then just give up some info. Hell I would as it wouldn’t matter how many other people knew. The system would still work.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Karen,

Every guru teaches no money down. Buying something no money down is the easy part. Getting a good deal and having sufficient cash flow to succeed long term is the hard part. I have not been to Anthony Minnuto’s seminar and have not read any of his material, but I can tell you for a fact that there is no secret to REI. All that is required is a little business sense and a LOT of work.

Also, while it is certainly possible to buy a property with no money and no credit, - it is almost impossible to run a business for any length of time without money or credit.

That’s one reason that the vast majority of newbies fail.

Mike

Yeah that makes sense how different situations call for different strategies. How about giving an example of one situation? Maybe one he taught.

Yeah, I’m also interested, but I don’t want to shell out 5000 for something I can’t use. You say there’s multiple ways he does it, but the site doesn’t even really give one way or even a hint to one way. I know he’s got his 100% guarantee and etc. but I’d rather not have wasted the time or money at all than get the money back.

FYI…

I’m on a few other Real Estate forums out there, and this poster has showed up there as well. The pattern is simple:

2 New, or relatively new, accounts.
One account talks about Anthony Minnuto and always says things like “I’ve been there and its awesome”, “There is no one way he does it”, “He has special documents” etc. The other asks questions about it, or also confirms it. Usually one is female, sometimes both are female. Often, one or both of them will have been on the forum for a month or so and have a few random posts up before they begin posting with props for Minnuto. They never actually answer any questions. WHen you ask how THEY bought their apartment building, they respond with something like “Well, I paid $5k to find out how to cashflow $5k a month, why should I tell you?” And so on. Also you can tell right away this person is a motivational speaker because when you start to criticize them pointedly, they always spout with the “Well, if you think you can’t, you can’t.” tripe.

As I said to this ‘person’ on another forum, there is absolutely NO WAY I will be investing $5k into something I probably already know, or can find out for free. There aren’t any special legal documents, secret techniques, or anything else like that. There is certainly inspiration, motivation and willingness to work to succeed, all of which are free.

My feeling on this guy is RIPOFF. he is probably YAMS (Yet Another Motivation Speaker) so I’ve decided I’m not going to be a Turkey :wink:

You obviously have an agenda since you posted this message in a few places. Anyone can use their own brain and decide if something is for them. As for that quote, its popular and comes up in a lot of courses. Rich dad, Tony Robbins, T. Harv Eker, Marshal Sylver and a lot more. Anyone thats done any personal development would have heard that quote. I’ve heard it a lot.

This guy is just another resource for people to learn form. You can read books, you can go to seminars and you can do the research yourself. Its all information and that is the fastest way to getting the result your looking for.

I’m not a shill. I went to the course and learned a lot. I heard him speak at my REI club meeting and thats why I went. Sure I could have probably leaned it myself by doing research over years but rather then doing that, I paid someone to teach me rather then me going out and reinventing the wheel.

I think its wonderful that you are a good writer, and that you are able to come off as genuine. I’m sure you use that quality to your advantage every day, and I wish you luck with that.

Point being, None of these ‘Posters’ have discussed a single detail of their supposed apartment building purchase. Its funny that this kmrei resembles so much a poster from another RE board I go to, in fact almost exact.

If you were successful with this method, and you bought an Apt Bldg with it, tell us how you did it. Your specific case, please! Step by step… as I will be interested to hear the details.

If not, please save the wind, my friend, for the windmills.

I have not closed on my deal yet so what you are asking is difficult to explain. I have no problem with discussing my deal with anyone. We are all here to learn. If you are here to bash, then go bash somewhere else.

Anyone who’s been to any seminar will tell you that there are several different things that can be done. You have to know how to first find the deal. There are several options. I found my first (and current deal) by going to an apartment association and talking with the members there. I found a seller who was willing to sell if the deal made sense to him.

Then I looked over the numbers and projected numbers. We had to structure the deal so that it wouldn not be negative cash flow. A lot of deals are negative cash flow so you have to weed them out. Mine would be negative cash flow and when I showed that to the seller, we renegotiated the deal.

Then, I used some of the lenders in the manual to provide a 100% loan. This is no secret. There are a lot of them out there.

That is where I am now. I just went to the course a few months ago so I am still working the system… and growing my business. As I progress, I will post my updates.

I’m not interested in wasting my time defending anyone. I learned from all 3 speakers and they all give different information. They are all great and have something different to teach. I have several real estate properties and I wouldn not have any if I did not go to seminars. I go to every single seminar I can and I’ve learned something from all of them which more then paid for the training.

Again, if you are looking for an argument, I am not interested. If you are looking for an education discussion…

It sounds like you are well on your way, and I wish you luck!

I think you are misunderstanding where I am coming from though. :slight_smile:

Nothing you (and kmrei) have said I didn’t already know, mostly from:

• a $15 purchase, “Investing In Real Estate, Andrew J. McLean and Gary W Eldred, 2006”

• a number of ancillary sources including RE professionals, an investor I know personally, and a few other books and publications I received recomendations about from professionals.

• I also have talked to a few SCORE representatives about REI, one of which was a builder and RE investor for 35 years, and still owns half of a high rise and 4 large Apt Bldgs.

None of these sources cost me more than the price of lunch and cocktails, and in fact after the first little while, the SCORE gentleman bought ME lunch when I met him in person. In all cases, these sources have told me that YES, No Money Down systems work, short term, but the risks they entail are very high and they would not recommend them.

So, from the lips of very well established people the answer is “no” to No Money Down. I’m all for creative deals, but not when people who have made millions in the business say to avoid something. Of course, I’ve heard a lot of ‘oh, but its in their best interests not to tell you the truth’… what, a SCORE counselor is going to lie to me? Huh? A guy who isn’t even in my area? I’m not an idiot to be taken right to my face. :wink:

Now, in your case, I do hope you succeed, if in fact you are a legitimate poster. I doubt that though, as your pattern is identical to the pattern of another pair of posters on another RE board. I’ve learned to take short shrift with this sort of thing right from the start and if I really have made a mistake, I will apologize to you in person, and buy you several ice cold ones and a steak with all the trimmings. :slight_smile:

Im a skeptic, a realist, and relentless in pursuit of my goals. I don’t believe in pessimism or optimism, since they are both distortions. I make REAL money for myself and my family, and I pay fair prices for information, fair amounts for commissions, and believe that a good deal is around every corner. I believe in people, networking, and that your luck grows the more you work.

I also believe that I can invest that $5k in something a lot more profitable than a Real Estate seminar about topics that are not disclosed, utilizing methods that are secret and involving legal documents that can’t be discussed.

ok, so whats the bottom line. Did you buy an apartment building for your $15.00 investment in a book?

Seminars aren’t just about information. You can learn that in a book. They are about a lot of other things such as goal setting, developing a plan, Q&A and networking with professionals (who can afford to attend, not just anyone who can go to a free REI meeting).

And just because you already know the information, doesn’t mean others do. If you already know what your doing and are doing it, then there is no reason for you to ever get any more training. I’ve been to a lot of seminars and I prefer the ones that don’t involve bringing in other speakers to sell you their products. That is why I posted my original message. They all teach pretty much the same information.

I dont know what you mean by my pattern. I only post on this message board.

I have been investing for many years and own several rental properties. I know what Im doing because I am educated. I’ve learned from many different sources but one thing is for sure, I dont spend any of my time and energy going around to message boards bashing anyone, certainly not any speakers I haven’t personally heard.

I have a lot of knowledge because I am constantly learning. Lets not waste everyones time in reading our bickering. Email me directly and I will GIVE you my knowledge. Lets keep these forums open for people who want to learn.

If you are that successful, please give your knowledge to all of us! If Anthony Minuuto’s way works, please let us know the nitty gritty of just ONE of your deals, done his way, so we can decide if we want to buy the whole package. I mean, doesn’t it make marketing sense? Post one great success candidly and others flock to replicate it? Thats how teachers establish credibility.

As I said, I’m sorry mate. If you don’t post details on this amazing method, I won’t buy that there IS one. The Real Estate field is -swarmed- with pretenders, self help gurus, and many others that will tell you nothing that is actually worth much. Sure, motivation is worth alot ifyou’re not motivated! But, if I want to get motivated, I will go to someone who TELLS me thats why I am going, and what I am getting for my duckets.

As far as networking goes, I can network without spending $5k to attend some speaking engagement. And the millionaire RE investor I do know wouldn’t spend $500 on a meeting unless he knew EXACTLY what he was getting. That is, you see, why I an dubious. Nothing is being disclosed.

PT Barnum said ‘A Sucker is born every minute’, and in confidence games (and motivational speaking circuits) the game is always “upsell positive thinking. If someone criticizes you, become the victim and make like a hero” I’ve seen this before, in news reports, from personal contact with some of the supposed ‘gurus’ and in other venues.

So, please. kmrei and Dmillin please post details as to your Anthony Minuuto style purchases so we can all evaluate them! Once we have verified that it is legit, I am sure he will get more students.

Like I said, I have not closed my deal and I already posted where I am to this point. Others have said it but its true that there is no one answer to that questions. If something happens, then you do this, if that happens, then you do that. Each step in the process and lead you into several different directions.

The jist of it is find the deal from associations, mailing lists of owners, internet, brokers and whatever other sources there are. Arrange financing if needed, structure transactions & close with prorations credited to cover closing costs.

Of course theres more to it but think about it… what if I asked to list how you buy a house no money down… the answer is, it depends on several things,… is the seller motivated or not, is there a loan on the property or not? is it in default or not? will the seller take installment payments or not?, does the property need work or not… the answers to all these questions send you in different directions and no one who values their time is going to sit down and post each step (in each direction) unless they have nothing else to do.

buying apartment buildings is totally different then buying houses. the value is based on income and not on comps.

The bottom line is… education and experience is the key to understanding anything. There’s a lot to it and thats why people make boot camps take longer then a few hours. Things need to be explained like how to deal with lenders and which lenders to avoid. how to know how they quote their rates, how to value properties, how to find deals that look bad but might not be (or vise versa), how to negotiation with sellers and brokers, how to find deals and what to stay away from. where not to waste your time and what areas to focus your efforts to get the biggest bang for your time. What differences you have to make to your approach depending the condition of the local market.

Theres just too much information. I’ve giving you all the steps you request although i’m sure its not enough for you. Like I said, if you want to continue this discussion, email me. I’m too busy running my business to attend to message boards. Anyone who wants me to answer any more questions, please email me. dont ask them here because I dont have time to keep checking message boards.

Clearly, you are convinced these techniques will work for you, mate. I hope they do, and I wish you luck.One quickie though, you havent disclosed anything on your deal like:

Price vs Market price
Cap Rate
NOI
GOI
Leverage details
Ownership details (Land Trust? Etc)

The odds, though, just aren’t with you. No Money Down ploys are incredibly risky, and often with catastrophic results. You don’t hear about those being advertised though.

Is it possible to make money with a No Money Down deal? Sure!! I mean talk about return on investment… and it is easy enough to get financing for 100% of a property.

Let me quote Robert Griswold, MSBA… active property investor for many years:

“Although (I) do believe it’s possible to find a buyer who is so motivated that she’ll actually pay you to take a property off her hands, the reality is that the vast majority of such properties don’t prove to be very profitable for you in the long run. Ask yourself – why would anyone give away a property unless it has some really serious problems?”

and

“Unfortunately, the infomercials and the real estate gurus have oversold the concept of no money down. Of course this is the best way to achieve incredible rates of return – earning a return without an investment! But the vast majority of properties you can aquire with no money down are properties that you can’t afford to own any more than the seller can.”

So, why on earth would I pay $5k to learn about an investment technique that is riskier than Vegas? And why should anyone else when you can get the fundamentals for $30 to $60 in a few books, written by pros that tell you like it is and don’t fill their books with fluff in the hopes that you’ll go to their seminars?

Thats why I say, AM is a ripoff. Because the whole legitimate industry says he (well, folks like him) is. They say no money down is overinflated pablum designed to part you from your money in seminar fees and books.

In an early post in this thread you said I must have an agenda. I do. I want folks to see both sides of this coin and be able to make a truly informed decision. Thats all it’s about. :slight_smile:

FYI I am very aware of how commercial properties differ from residential values, in that PRICE = NOI / R . What Im not aware of is how you can manage an apt bldg with no money in the bank to cover costs, maintenance, and transitional costs. Unless you just dont pay them.

Did you ever go to Scotts Scheels seminar or Dave Lindahls seminar? Have you ever been to any seminar? How about you tell about your success in this business. since you against seminars, how do you learn and how has that form of education resulted in your success?

Have you been reading my replies friend?

I’m quoting people whose life’s work has been Real Estate, and whom don’t go out and charge thousands of dollars to tell people how to lose their money in risky negative leverage schemes. Look above. I even mention one by name.

So far, I have invested in a number of asset types, including Real Estate, however through REITs. I decided to become a landlord early this year and I’ve been networking and learning for 6 months now. No, I do not yet own Apartment Buildings.

Thats it. :slight_smile: Now, if you’re going to say “You dont own apt bldgs so you dont have any business talking about this” well I suppose then no history professor whom ever lived should talk about things they never actually saw either.

Point being, I’m not here to prove you wrong. I’m not trying to make anyone look bad. I am trying to present another viewpoint, one shared by the VAST MAJORITY of Real Estate professionals. One untainted by postive thoughtspeak and ridiculous claims. One that doesn’t cost thousands of dollars to find out you were misled.

In the end, it is just my opinion, and the opinion of a few people who are millionaires in this business, one of which I named by name and whom you can check out. He helped write “Real Estate for Dummies” along with Eric Tyson, MBA

Here are a few references: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/moneymag_archive/2005/06/01/8260929/index.htm

http://www.floridahomeloan.com/2006/05/dont-flip-out-and-quit-your-day-job.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?Building-Wealth:-Dont-Waste-Your-Money-on-Real-Estate-Investment-Schemes&id=83781

Now this whole business with Apartment buildings is a great angle. You can say “Apartment buildings are a whole different market… those old rules dont apply!”. Except they do, and more so.

So, save you money please folks. Read up. Dont be in such a hurry, or the only person who will profit on your quick action will be some guru who has bought his home with 25% down on a fixed interest 30 year mortgage from NYMC. If you really want to be successful in foreclosures, REO, and other risky markets, real investors have said that you should get into Real Estate small time first. Be a Landlord for awhile. Then you can graduate, after you have proved your mettle and folks take you more seriously.