Angent can do RE investing in TN??

I have been reading this site for a while to start up the investing in RE. I am soon to be RE agent. (just need to pass exam) Some told me I can not do RE investing (rehab, lease option…) if I am an agent. Anybody know about agent can not do RE investment??
Thanks

If that is the case then I know a lot of agents and appraisors that should lose their licenses.

NDI

In any transaction in which you are a participant, simply notify all parties. Good luck.

Da Wiz

Disclosure is the key. As an agent, you should know all about your disclosure laws and RE. If you don’t yet, fire your teacher!!!

You’ll need to know your state laws/rules concerning RE agents and buying/selling for your personal profit.

Many state RE commissions have rules specifically for RE agents buying/selling investments. Many have an “excessive profit” rule/law where anything over the area’s normal agent commission can be construed as excessive and you can be fined. Many also have guidelines that limit the number of properties that you can personally buy/sell in any given year.

If you choose to become a REALTOR, then you may have even more codes/rules that govern the way you can operate.

None of this is meant to scare you, just point out that you need to know exactly what you can, and can’t, do in your state as a licensed RE agent.

Raj

Every state is different, but in every state DISCLOSE.

Find a good broker who understands investing. I am a Realtor and investor in Ohio.

Congratulations on getting you RE liscense! I love this business. I specilise in working with investors. There are many benefits to niche marketing. Feel free to e-mail me direct on getting going in your new career.

Let me reccomend two great books:

The Millionaire Real Estate Agent and The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller.

Jan