An article about cowards on the internet (Internet Road Ragers)

https://johnsimonds.com/2016/08/30/internet-road-rage-you-are-probably-a-coward-hiding-behind-the-screen/

Hi,

Wow ears, that's kind of harsh considering we are talking about finances and money on this website! Do you remember J. Paul Getty III being kidnapped back in 1973? I have no intention of ever letting that happen to my family, children or grandchildren. 

The internet can be a dangerous place and the fact that we choose to be anonymous does not make us bad people! In my case my family has been in the US over 300 years and wealthy long before my family patriarch ever left for the colonies. My great grandfather was a copper baron and my parents were wealthy by there own accord. I have worked hard, was never given money or bailed out and I work roughly 100 hours a week every week now for over 20 years. I have never been given anything I was expected to work hard for what I wanted and was allowed to fail as needed!

I love what I do but I don’t want people hanging out outside of my home panhandling money! I don’t want to risk my family being held at gun point because they think I owe them! I don’t want to be hit over the back of the head to steal my wallet! I don’t want anyone to know my identity without deciding on my own who should be introduced to me!

I am in real estate, do you think I owe the US population the right to my identity? I am here to try to help investors, but sugar coating the truth does not help anybody! You have a lot of guts to bring up this article as it might be nice to disclose your identity to the knitting club but when it comes to real money and real life there’s not a chance in hell I want you or anyone else knowing my real identity!

Now in my case I am almost 6’3" and weigh 250, I have a 2nd degree black belt in Taekwondo and I have 5 CCW permits allowing me to carry in 42 states. (Resident and 4 non resident permits) I am perfectly capable of defending myself but my family deserves to remain anonymous and I can not identify myself without compromising my family.

Ears I think I would step up and write a general apology as your basically accusing a whole website full of people of behavior that they are innocent until proven guilty. Now you may think some people are bullies but in reality were trying to help a bunch of people who won’t apply themselves and won’t do their homework. They frustrate the hell out of us and to repeat over and over and over becomes tiring and agitating!

We want everyone to do well, to become successful, to build financial security but we are eagles forced to fly with turkeys who expect everything for nothing sometimes!

Gold River

All Ears,

What have you done in real estate? What is your current plan?

I haven’t read all of your posts, but they seem to be very scattered.

It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do, then I found that wholesaling made the most sense (hopefully CENTS).

If you live anywhere near me, I would advise you not to get into wholesaling because then I would have more competition.