an accountant that invests in property

i am having trouble locating an accountant that also invests in property. i live in melbourne in the north west suburbs if anyone has an accountant that also invests in real estate than can you help me. I have rang many without success and i’ve just started in investing, am i doing something wrrong. thanks

You may want to ask in the local investment association or another local investor.

I can recommend one, but he’s out of state for you.

Mark Wagner, CPA

You don’t need a CPA that invests in RE. What you need is a CPA that understands the tax laws concerning the specific type of REI that you are/will be doing.

Ask them how many REI clients that they have and for how long.

Asking another experienced investor in your area for a referral would probably be the best way to start.