a good REI book??

Anyone know of any good books on real estate investing? nothing phony or will get you into a world of trouble like the BS on TV!!!

Hey,
My favorite is “The Millionaire REal Estate Investor” by Gary Keller.
Peace,
Richard

I agree good book!!

I am curious about “The Millionair Real Estate Investor” by Gary Keller.
What was good about the book? I did not read it, but I read the “Millionair Real Estate Agent” by him and nothing jumped out at me that was life changing so I did not by the investor book. Now I feel like I missed something. Please give me some insight. Thanks.

just read propertymanager’s posts… real advice that debunks most of the guru nonsense you’ll read in the “get rich quick” books

Best of the best, William Nickerson "How I turned $1000 into $1,000 000 in Real Estate - in My Spare Time".

Here is a fellow who did his investing in the 40’s and 50’s. Many of the gurus used ideas from this book to launch their courses!

Yeah write that book now and it would have to be called “How I turned 250,000 into a million” houses were really cheap in the 40s and 50’s

Houses were really cheap in the 70’s too. and the 80’s and the early 90’s. compared to what they are now. The point is you start with what you have and do it NOW! The ideas of Mr. Nickerson are as pertinent today as in the 50’s. Check it out! :wink:

AllonT mentioned a great book - if you can find it. It’s no longer in print. Depending on what area of real estate your interested in: lease options, sub-to’s, foreclosures, fixer-uppers etc… you can pretty much find a good read in any focused strategy. Just go to Amazon.com and put in the search what your investment interest is and a slew of RE books will come up, complete with reviews by previous readers.

I found Frank McKinneys book “The Maverick Approach to Real Estate Success” a very detailed and fascinating read that covers A-Z on how to buy low and market your properties for the maximum results. In case you’re not familiar who Frank is, he is the worlds premiere spec home builder on the coast of FL and is currently building a $135 MILLION DOLLAR spec mansion on the FL coast. 20 years ago he was buying/selling $50,000 junker properties and now just the front door on his mansions cost $50,000. And he’s a real humble down-to-earth guy to boot. Two thumbs up!

People say read REI books. I heard a recording of a guy talking about lease options and I thought to myself, there is no book that has the information that this guy has. Your better off scheduling a phone conversation with someone.

I guess it really depends on your interpretation of “good REI book.” I agree with others that Gary Kellar’s book is a must for anyone getting into the business, but it isn’t a book about a detailed REI approach, but rather a overview of REI as a whole (especially in regards to goal-setting, why REI can be financially rewarding, and so on).

But maybe that’s not what you mean about “good” - maybe your interpretation is “What book would recommend that has step-by-step instructions on how to do Sub2’s and enable me to become a millionaire in 5 years.” Then it opens up a whole new can of worms. Even then, I’m not sure if such a book exists - at least not for the every single person’s specific situation.

just go to amazon.com and check out the real estate books. there are a ton of them with 5 star rates.

just read them all !!!

If you want to get into Pre-foreclosures, then this book is a must.
The Pre-Foreclosure Property Investor’s Kit by Thomas Lucier

I just finished reading the book and I feel that I have a very good understanding of what and how pre-foreclosures are handled. He gives you step by step instructions from finding and buying the property, to fixing it up and re-selling it for maximum profit. For only $20, it’s a win/win situation.

If you are interested in preforeclosure stage and would like to get good education, experience and access to homeowners in needs this is so far the best place to be

OK gordo2417

Do you have any idea what is this site about? If not, do not post this conclusion.
Somebody was trying to get some info about foreclosure that’s why I gave this address.
P.S. I am not giving here any advertisment because I do not need to do it. So far this is the best source of foreclosure that’s why I mentioned about it.

Somebody was trying to get some info about foreclosure that's why I gave this address.

I’m not tring to get into something that is between you and gordo, but the original poster wasn’t tring to get info on foreclosures. He more was looking for “good REI books.”

It doesn’t matter “what…this site is about”, if it’s yours (and it clearly is), you cannot advertise it in the body of your messages. Put the link in your Member’s Default Signature area…

Keith

Keith,

If I was right about his post and called him out on it why did you delete my post? Just curious.

Nate-WI

It served its purpose…the other member is just trying to advertise their website…I had to delete it from every post that they had made…

Keith

fair enough.

Nate-WI