800 Numbers

Is it a good idea to use a toll free 800 number along with my local number on my business cards, signs, etc? Is it worth the cost? If so, any ideas of companies to compare prices?

My cell phone number is not the same area code where I live and invest, so it’s not really a local number.

800 numbers don’t have the same purpose anymore. They used to be valuable when you were offering out-of-state customer service, and needed a number that didn’t cost the customer money to call.

Today, there’s really no such thing as ‘long distance rates.’ So, it’s mostly a vanity option.

Also, they separate the ‘office’ number from your ‘marketing’ number. However, Google numbers can serve as your marketing number. You just need a number to forward google calls to. Google number set ups tend to interfere with your phone service, so ‘that’ can be a deal breaker.

Toll-free numbers are a great way to help your customers reach you from a long distance. This saves the client money and can improve your sales. From vanity numbers to numbers with patterns that are easy to remember, your toll-free number for your business can be a great way to market to potential clients.

It would be more beneficial to have a local vanity number instead of the 800 number. You don’t want to come across as you’re not local when you are, it could create an objection.

Thank you all for your responses. I really appreciate it.

Personally I think a local number is better. People generally want to deal with a local investor than a big national company. I would get one of those. Not sure if you use a tracking service like callrail. I have 10 local numbers with them and I allocate different numbers to different campaigns so I can track my results.

Are there any other ways to get a local cell phone number for my Wholesaling business except for Google numbers? I have a cell phone number I have had for years, but it doesn’t have the same area code where I currently live and invest. I asked about the 800 numbers a few weeks ago, but decided not to use it. Thanks.

You can use Evoice to get a local number. The calls can then be forwarded to your existing number/cell phone.

Pretty affordable monthly cost

We use considered using a 800 number but we decided to stay with local numbers. According to our research, people are more responsive to local numbers.