50-50 It's Lifes greatest lesson.

You ought to try feeding that rascal! It was cheaper to send him to four years of college than it was to keep filling the 'fridge. He’ll eat anything that won’t eat him first!

…and, yes, actually it is!

Keith

Me’thinks perhaps that Sir Daniel the Great wants to be a King in waitng, so, if I may be so bold, may I suggest to him that he greases my palm with silver, in order to have me speaK to her Majesty on his behalf, and to humbly ask her to send for him, so he can bend the trembly knee and doff his cap in her presence and then [for him] to sail forth for King George and England. Thereby taking his rightful place amongst great men, men of honour and good deeds.

As anyone ever thought dressing up as an English Knight and doing viewings and to hell with the 50-50 rule. Make it all for me, and none for you.

I think what you said was that you’ll put in a good word about me to the Queen so I can become the King of England. I’m all for that! My first reform would be to change the official language of England to “American” 'cause I don’t speak proper “English”.

Keith,

Hopefully that boy is a tamed lion, I’d hate (love) to see what he does when he gets mad. I’m about 2 inches shorter and 100 pounds lighter and it was very difficult and sometimes impossible to maintain my body weight with vigorous exercise, he must eat children (the fat 200 lbs. toddlers on Maury) to maintain his weight.

He can lift a freakin’ car…but he’s a pussy cat unless you really piss him off…I’m German and his mom’s mostly Italian…he has a pretty long fuse but it’s ugly when he gets to the end of the fuse!

Keith

100 years from now none of this will matter anyway.

Stephen said and I quote" [see post above]

“Without Goliath, David would have never uncovered the giant within him.” - Robert Kiyosaki,

Did you know that some Archaologists found a grave containing a mummified SUICIDES body, in its hand was a betting slip which said “I place 100 dinars on Goliath to win”. You’d agree that in this contest of David and Goliath, Goliath was a good bet. Yet look what happened, Goliath got stoned.

50-50. Evens- Stevens.

How do you explain the Red Sox winning a World Series once every 86 yrs?

I said to myself years ago — I am not going to be the guy [someday] who is sitting in his retirement home saying…“I wish I could of done things differently”…or “I sure wish I could of spent more time with my kids”…or “I sure wish I would of been more ambitious and tried to become an entrepreneur or a better investor”…etc. That, is my view of a true loser…an old man who had his chance, but screwed up. Once you’re 90 and actually realize you messed up your life, or didn’t live it to it’s fullest, it’s too late. All you have to look forward to is aches & pains until year dead, and then heaven.

I think if you view life in that 50/50 sort of way, that’s how you will wind up.

You need to live your life to the fullest everyday, keep a positive attitude — and don’t perform at 100%…only 110% is acceptable.

I think what Bob is saying is that even with your best effort, you’ll always break-even at the end of the day. Also that every person wins and loses everything the same number of times. John D. Rockefeller would disagree, I’d say he won much more than he lost. The Red Sox would disagree because they lose MUCH more than they win. Now if you talk about baseball as a whole, there are the same number of wins as losses in any given season. Some prevail more than others, which is why it’s not always an even split on the micro level. On a macro level, it is 50-50.

MotivatedCEO - WELL SAID!

If you go around with a can’t win mentality - you surely WON’T win.

Mike

I also agree, by not striving to win your accepting a loss. It’s capitalism at it’s finest. But to win means someone else has to lose. A win-win is identical to a lose-lose AKA a tie. By consistently winning, you have to make peace at the fact that someone else will be defeated. I know that by eating, someone else will starve. I’m intimately familiar with knowing in order for me to be alive, someone has to die. For me to be rich, someone has to be poor. I’ve made my peace with all of the above.

This dog-eat-dog mentality is the sole reason for innovation and progression of a society. Some will benefit from this, some will be hindered by it. Natural selection tells us the weak die off for the strong to prevail and procreate getting increasingly stronger and stronger. In strong and wealthy nations, your chance of winning are much higher than a 50-50 shot in the dark. In poor and weak nations, you have an equally less chance of winning. Your chance at winning or losing are easily influenced by a number of different things that are in your control. It consists of knowing what it takes to beat your opponent and implementing it. Of course, as natural selection progresses and the losers go home, the competition gets stronger but as long as you can implement what it takes to beat them, you win every time!

(add “The Wealth of Nations” by Adam Smith and “The General Theory of Employment, Interest, and Money” by John Maynard Keynes to your reading list)

Yes…correct. That is why wes hould revel in it now.

Keith

By consistently winning, you have to make peace at the fact that someone else will be defeated

I can live with that! After all, I am consistently right because I have done the work to understand how business works. Others consistently lose because they made a conscious choice to be ignorant of how the business world works.

It is not my fault that the vast majority of new landlords fail. They have the same chance to succeed that I have, but they chose not to take advantage of their opportunity. We all know that the vast majority of newbies fail because the paid too much for their rentals and therefore don’t have any cash flow. They made the choice to be ignorant about the cash flow issue and therefore they chose to start a failing business.

As I’ve said a thousand times before, this is not brain surgery. Business is just not that complicated. There is only one rule that is absolute: TAKE IN MORE THAN GOES OUT! If you obey that rule, you can consistently win. Ignore that rule and you will consistently lose.

Hey, maybe I should start one of those $5,000 guru courses. After upselling the newbies to my $25,000 Inner Circle Gold Club Platinum Elite Level, I could give them the SECRET "Take In More Than Goes Out! What do you think?

Mike

Damn straight!

If you told people the secret was to “take in more than what goes out” they would be furiously writting it down and would think it was the most profound statement ever, because they had yet to think of it!

Luckily the bar is set pretty low for small RE investments. All you have to do it a little more planning and research than the average Joe and look a little harder to find a good deal and you win. It’s strange that most forget they need to make a profit…

Hey, maybe I should start one of those $5,000 guru courses. After upselling the newbies to my $25,000 Inner Circle Gold Club Platinum Elite Level, I could give them the SECRET "Take In More Than Goes Out! What do you think?

Now to figure out what the other 99% of the 5-set CD course will include

Mike singing his favorite country hits in the shower…

Or, do like most everyone else … have a 100 page glossary section with every RE term imaginable and what it means.

They won’t even let me sing at Church, so the singing might be out!

Mike

Just read the last 10 posts, many contain myths or wishful thinking. I found this snip of King Daniels very interesting because it reveal the true secret of good salesmanship:

If you told people the secret was to “take in more than what goes out” they would be furiously writting it down and would think it was the most profound statement ever, because they had yet to think of it

In a nutshell this is as good as another similiar statment which says Advertising is salesmanship in print. Now lets look at the myths, first most people do not want to succeed, they are totally uninterested in success, the reason being is because they associate success with sales and salesmanship, with speaking in public, with being a boss, with dressing differently and thinking differently, with having to give up on people, and even worse firing them, you then need to add the equation that at first they will have NO FIXED INCOME, no salary, and deep-down they cannot visualise themselves as being "that type of person".

Now lets look at what makes people successful, mainly its the ability to go to bed knowing what you intend to do [to earn money] tomorrow. To know that you can get out of bed promptly at the right hour, then one hour later to go outside your home with the sole intention of working to earn money. It matters not whether you enjoy what you do, but it matters greatly that others ADMIRE you for what you are doing, because deep down its this ADMIRATION of others is what we are after and seeking. What I am saying is that we admire ourselves, we admire what others think of us and this is the flame that feeds our ambition. The moment this admiration drops or lowers we lose 2 cylinders in our engine. If we read we can learn what J D Pockefeller did, what Hetty Green did, what Louis B Mayer did, and what Randolph Wm Hearst did for a living, and its this learning knowledge that puts extra MILK on our cornflakes.

What else do we need -firstly sales courage, then the abilty to stop people and ask them questions, to engage their attention and the ability to have them do something which 5 minutes earlier they had no knowledge about, or hadn’t thought about.

Property can be seen, touched, admired and priced, this is why many succeed, if you doubt this then ask yourself can you sell something intangible, something that cannot be seen and needs to be described in words. If you can do this and think ahead to next year, and the year after, you are already a millionaire. You just haven’t played the chips given to you if your not.

Bob,

Perhaps you care to address some of those myths and “wishful thinking”?

I’m sure Mike has a great shot at a country album. I’ve never heard him sing but country all sounds like crap anyway, right? 8)

You just haven't played the chips given to you if your not.
If you have chips (cards) to play, that would mean you have more than a 50-50 toss up on success.
that puts extra MILK on our cornflakes

I’m stealing that quote…

I like the word “Kelloggs” because in the middle is “'ello” like a British greeting; ‘Ello Gov’nah’.