3 Big Reasons To Invest In Pre-Foreclosures

1.) When people are in default on their mortgage they have stopped making payments to the bank. So when you are negotiating with the seller, and the bank, right up until the point where you buy, no-one is making the payments. For novice investors worried about holding costs this is a huge advantage.

2.) Preforeclosures are a very well defined niche market. One of the most deadly mistakes rookie investors make is trying to be a jack-of-all-trades, going after any and everything they can lay their eyes on. The result of this lack of focus is they are soon back at their jobs. By being a very defined market, preforeclosures allow you to develop focused marketing campaigns and standardized processes to get deals completed and closed.

3.) Buying houses in preforeclosure enables you to create unusually large equity spreads. Recent economic uncertainty has caused a lot of foreclosures, and rising rates will cause more in coming years. If banks had to take back all of the properties that went into foreclosure the FDIC would shut them down. They know this, so they try not to take properties back they don’t have to. By requesting the lender discount what is owed on their payoff, large spreads of equity can be created on houses that are totally “maxed out” with loans. This can’t be done on loans not in default.

I just viewed that website you advertised at the bottom of your post and its amazing. It has properties in my area under foreclosure and the site registration was free. Thanks

Buying houses in preforeclosure enables you to create unusually large equity spreads. Recent economic uncertainty has caused a lot of foreclosures, and rising rates will cause more in coming years.

If your plan is to buy and hold the property, having good enough credit and financials to get bank financing excludes a great many people from getting into real estate. On top of that, if you do get a bank loan, your financial exposure is at it’s maximum when everything is in your own name and personally guaranteed. Buying houses in preforeclosure allows you to simply take over the existing financing already in place.

LOL I just noticed that everyone that has posted in this thread has under 10 posts :biggrin :biggrin

SPAM, SPAM SPAM SPAM. You can’t hear this but I’m singing the word SPAM!

Downside to Pre-forclosure (a short sale), it can take 6 months or more to get a decision and you pass up some much better deals… The seller has to much control, and its a real pain in the A$$…