I was asked what exactly we needed the answering service and 800# for, and below is what we came up with.
The Telephone Answering company
We need a service which will offer the following options so if a…
- Motivated seller calling they would put #1 NOW to sell,
- If they are a residential home buyer, then they would push #2 NOW to purchase.
- If they are a seasoned investor calling on a wholesale house push #3 NOW.
- Calls 1-3 only would go to live person at the service.
- Furthermore this service needs to be able to get one of us on the phone and or transfer it directly to us.
- For all other calls like vendors they would be transferred to the services recorder/transcriber line at which time they would email us the text of the call. It would go like this for all other calls push #4.
- The goal is to have as little phone time as possible for our staff unless it’s callers 1-3 calling, then we must receive it immediately.
- Most all other calls would likely go to recorder.
- The service would be able to log all calls name and number and send via email In real time.
- Log what time they arrived in Pacific Standard Time or anytime we deem.
- Add and remove telephone numbers easily.
- Add and remove messages easily.
- Use any voice we like easily, including there’s.
- They would have mellow on hold music.
I need the vanity number (meaning like 800-sellfast), so it’s easy to remember for sellers, catchy and can use it on all my advertising.
Initially we were only going to make the service for motivated sellers or buyers, but I realize how much time is used up on the telephone answering calls when vendors called at there connivance. Running a business we need to call them back when its convenient for our business.
Therefore I really believe in a good service and paying for it, because I cannot tell you how much time has been used on calls when I could have been making business plans, networking, doing marketing and things like that. Versus the mouse on the wheel routine, I get it as a small biz owner we were many hats, and one cannot survive without organization…consistently.
My Originally Posted Questions Here…
Does anyone have extensive knowledge of purchasing an 800 number? For example:
Who to buy from and why you chose them?
What roughly is the maximum I should pay per minute, when i transfer the number to a carrier?
How does one ensure they own 100% of the rights to it? Like is there a government controlled entity that governs this? Reason is some 800 numbers are cost upwards of $800 dollars, so once I get a great one, don’t even wanna lose it.
Answering Service Questions…
I have been told Patlive is a good company, but when there live person picks up the lady said (which, is optional) it is $1.00 per minute.
Any recommendations on who to use and why you chose them, please?
Have you had any luck with overseas answering services like in India?
I feel the $1.00 per minute is a bit expensive. But hey, 20k on a deal, pros can out weight the cons of expense. One thing i am learning about being in business for 5 years now is to watch overhead and expenses like 20k is a lot to make, but not if its eaten up in expense. And to take our business to the next level, one cannot be a one man show forever, and have any quality of life.
Any experience or advice you can share would be very much appreciated!