We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2021, 04:38:08 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2021, 04:38:08 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: The Difference Is.....  (Read 5486 times)

Offline tatertot

The Difference Is.....
« on: July 14, 2016, 04:47:44 pm »
My son is getting his own personal residence ready to sell.  I'm sitting there watching him remove carpet, cut it into strips, roll them up and carry them out.

I was feeling this nagging feeling that "something is not right".  Then it hit me.  The backing of the carpet is a solid light, almost white color. Solid.  Not a speck or spot on it.  I've never seen used carpet with clean backing before.  10 year old house, 3 dogs living there, not an obsessive housekeeper (although not a slob), and there is not a single stain anywhere on the carpet.  There is no 1/2 thick layer of dirt under the pad.  The pad doesn't stink. There is not one stain on the sub floor.

And the difference is ... owner occupied and not  a rental.

Every time I've changed carpet in a  rental, it is disgusting.  Massive stains on the carpet backing, dozens of moisture stains on the sub floor, reeking carpet pad, and a substantial layer of dirt underneath the pad.  I don't have tenants who appear to be slobs, but they are sure hard on carpeting.

As I remove carpet from the rentals, I am replacing it with wood or Allure, and hoping that works out.  At least I won't have to be grossed out by the carpet any more.

Offline Redstar1324

Re: The Difference Is.....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 10:41:16 pm »
Was there a question here?

Offline Gold River

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 03:24:33 am »
Hi,

The question was the condition of owner occupied vs non owner occupied rentals?

GR

Offline tatertot

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 01:52:18 pm »
Just sharing experiences.

Offline Gold River

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 02:18:03 pm »
 :beer

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines