Ohh jeez... PostiveOutlook booted?

What happened there? I see he is now listen under “guest.”

G O N E!!!

As in… SEE YA…BYE BYE. :banana :dance :bouncemulti :elephant

Now he’ll have the time to go finish his 800 sq ft, 2 year rehab that the “PRO REHABBER” was… “L E A R N I N G ON”

HOOSIER…

There’s a LESSON in this for you…You DO NOT have to AGREE with me or anyone else here on POLITICS, RELIGION, INVESTING, or ANYTHING …Just come here with an OPEN MIND and be WILLING TO LEARN!!!

You’ve taken a few shots at Furnishedowner here…That’s OK…But take a few minutes and READ what she did during one of THE WORST real estate BUSTS on HISTORY to keep her BUSINESS profitable and GROWING. It’s PRICELESS INFORMATION FOR YOU!!!

At some point YOU are going to be a successful investor…You have all the attributes…determination…goal setting abilities, smarts and DRIVE…You just might find it VERY PROFITABLE to know someone like furnished that has WEATHERED a storm like this and LEARN from them…

Believe me…It’s a LOT cheaper than the alternative!!! Guess how I learned that???

There’s a TON of great info on this site and even BETTER PEOPLE…ALL willing to HELP…F O R F R E E !!!

But REMEMBER this…These people are SUCESSFUL INDEPENDENT BUSINESS PEOPLE…Treat them with a little respect and you’ll be paid back in spades.

I just hope the guy calms down a little…

To think he wanted me to buy the site to get rid of him…Best things in life are FREE :bobble

Maybe I’m not clear on the purpose of “Random Ramblings.”

Was he booted for rambling in “Random Ramblings”, a forum which anyone can voice their Opinion?

Or, was he posting his opinion on the investment boards?

Was he booted for rambling in "Random Ramblings", a forum which anyone can voice their Opinion?

Or, was he posting his opinion on the investment boards

Neither. He/she was just unable to control him/herself.

My assumption is he will try to create another account. But I’m sure the mods have his IP address and ISP info to try and spot him.

You've taken a few shots at Furnishedowner here....That's OK....But take a few minutes and READ what she did during one of THE WORST real estate BUSTS on HISTORY to keep her BUSINESS profitable and GROWING. It's PRICELESS INFORMATION FOR YOU!!!!!

Agreed, furnishedowner is a shrewd business woman, I call that thinking outside of the box. She will always do well.

There's a TON of great info on this site and even BETTER PEOPLE.....ALL willing to HELP.........[b]F O R F R E E !!!!!!!!!![/b]

Learned a lot from your posts here over the years. Still kicking my self for not buying Ford at over a buck. :banghead

JFPen

Let me give you an example of why he was booted.

The above quote has 5 sentences in it. FIVE. And the below quote is how PO responded.

You don’t think that is overbearing and utterly obnoxious? And unfortunately that is what 99% of his postings looked like. And while he may not have broken any rules per se, remember this it is not illegal to yell fire in a crowded theater, but if you do it you better be prepared to face the consequences. He was just a drag on a lot of people and in the end it came down to the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few (thank you Mr. Spock).

Am I in danger of getting booted too?

I would hope I would get a warning first before they just suddenly…

You’ll know.

I am one of those people who enjoy reading and learning at this site, and I don’t think I have ever posted here before, but something seems totally wrong and anti-free speech about what happened here. From what I’ve read, it sounds like the poster positiveoutlook did not break any rules and the only thing the moderators said he did wrong was lenghty posts that they may or may not have disagreed with. If it’s that arbitrary, I think the poster hoosier4life2005 is right to ask if he is next - what about the rest of us? Was positiveoutlook even warned he was going to be booted? Overbearing and obnoxious was what the moderator christopher w said his posts were - that is very subjective and could describe alot of posters here and what free speech is all about, and it makes me uncomfortable to think I have to worry about what speech I use, that don’t break the rules anyway, is going to be used against me. I guess since I don’t usually post, it won’t be so much an issue for me, but others. I am not defending anyone on the site, because from what I’ve seen, there are alot of cases where posters actually do break the rules and do it often and there are no consequences, but something does not sit right here. I think by booting this guy you proved him right. Thats all I have to say on the matter, except to say that something stinks in denmark.

wpear,
I have to defend the moderator who shut down PositiveOutlook.

There is free speech, and then there is ranting. Nobody was reading his lengthy dissections of other people’s postings any more. He was counseled and he was warned, but instead his postings became more and more extended, disjointed, and unreadable. Basically, he was ruining it for the other readers.

I don’t think you need to worry about you (or Hoosier) being shut down. PosOutlook became the toddler who kept screaming and grabbing all the toys. He wouldn’t play fair or share. After many warnings, finally Mdhaas put him in a room by himself.

Furnishedowner

Im just saying I would like a warning before I get booted. I dont feel like iv’e done anything but I didnt suspect PO to get booted either.

Mdhass, what do you mean “youll know.”… im so scared (shreeks)

:help :help :help :help :help

As a reader of posts, I usually scrolled past the PO posts. I understand why the other members called him out, but sometimes I felt they kept getting baited into dragging it out by responding to PO’s posts. PO had plenty of warnings but ignored them. Someone had to put an end to the nonsense. The moderators do a fine job. There are many other sites that allow all kinds of stuff to go on.

Hoosier,

Stop worrying. There are no late night secret moderator meetings targeting certain people. PO was just getting totally out of control. He was causing other people to stop participating in the forums. Rookie had stopped posting in here. I had stopped posting in here. Jake was on his way out. And there were other members that were complaining. To make it worse he was privately warned and in his responses instead of being contrite he pulled a Hooch and basically begged to get the boot. It has nothing to do with stifling PO’s freedom of speech, and everything to do with getting rid of a bully.

Like that crap he pulled with Furnished about whether they were a man or a woman. Beating it into the ground when it was made very clear that Furnished was not interested in divulging that information. Freedom of speech is not freedom to be a jerk.

Good, because I enjoy posting here. Glad to hear im not going to get the boot.

I don’t plan on being dragged into this, but I don’t uderstand your reasoning based on what I’ve been reading. You must have a different definition of free speech than I do - free speech includes ranting, and from what I’ve read, alot of posters on this site rant. On one hand you say nobody was reading his posts anymore, but then say that his posts were extended, disjointed and unreadable. If noone was reading his posts, how is it harming anyone or how is he not playing fair and sharing? It seems he was following the rules and the others weren’t playing fair by not following the rules, so the answer is to boot him? My feeling is you let people say what they want to say and people can read what they want to read. If it’s BS it’s BS, but we are all supposed to be adults. Maybe you saw something I didn’t, but I never saw the moderators warn him he was going to be booted, which is why I think people are questioning this, and rightly so. The analogy by the moderator christopher w of yelling fire in a theater doesn’t work, because there is no danger in not reading the poster positiveoutlooks words. You can continue to defend the moderators on this if you want to, but I think people know this isn’t right. I don’t know, is this post too long?

Peace :biggrin

Wpear,

That is the beauty of this country. We are free to disagree. God Bless America (and Texas).

I don't plan on being dragged into this, but I don't uderstand your reasoning based on what I've been reading. You must have a different definition of free speech than I do - free speech includes ranting, and from what I've read, alot of posters on this site rant. On one hand you say nobody was reading his posts anymore, but then say that his posts were extended, disjointed and unreadable. If noone was reading his posts, how is it harming anyone or how is he not playing fair and sharing? It seems he was following the rules and the others weren't playing fair by not following the rules, so the answer is to boot him? My feeling is you let people say what they want to say and people can read what they want to read. If it's BS it's BS, but we are all supposed to be adults. Maybe you saw something I didn't, but I never saw the moderators warn him he was going to be booted, which is why I think people are questioning this, and rightly so. The analogy by the moderator christopher w of yelling fire in a theater doesn't work, because there is no danger in not reading the poster positiveoutlooks words. You can continue to defend the moderators on this if you want to, but I think people know this isn't right. I don't know, is this post too long?

Your post isn’t too long, but it seems pretty personal, are you somehow related?

Moderators often warn members via PM.