We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2022, 10:46:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2022, 10:46:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Please critic my website!  (Read 10153 times)

Offline Brian(MD)

Please critic my website!
« on: February 03, 2010, 11:21:17 am »
I've had this site up for about 2 weeks now. This is straight to the point and for sellers only. I don't want potential sellers getting confused and go somewhere else. Here you go:

www.GibsonHomeBuyers.com

Offline Mdhaas

• Global Moderator
Re: Please critic my website!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:30:28 am »
Looks good, make sure that you check for spelling and grammatical errors. I spotted a few in the quick look.

"your under"
"Whatever you situation"
If at first you don't succeed.....................skydiving is not for you

Offline MichaelQuarles

• Yellow Letters
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 11:46:45 am »
Good to meet you

I would put the contact form at the bottom of the first page..

The font is too big and I would change it to Verdana

On the 72 hour page change the color from blue... Blue indicates a link and there aren't any. Also every other bullet point should be bold.

This helps people read bullet points easier.

I wouldnt center the list of what you buy...

Good luck

Michael
www.YellowLetters.com... Handwritten letters at an affordable cost.

Offline Brian(MD)

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 06:05:01 pm »
Michael, I did change my lettering to Verdana and I do like that much better. As far as the blue lettering, can you recommend a different color, I tried other colors but it seems that blue is the best.
I also had my 7 year old daughter go on my site and pretend that she has a house to sell. I told her to read over and submit her property info. and it was no problem for her. So if a 7 year old can do it, it shouldn't be confusing for a legit seller, but you never know.

Offline MichaelQuarles

• Yellow Letters
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 06:10:36 pm »
red for the font...

Tell you what I will throw a site together that is like yours and let you be the judge... I am kinda bored today..

Be back in an hour

Happy house hunting

Michael

Here you go... Not the greatest and  I am not a programmer       http://mlqgibson.homestead.com/index.html
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 07:32:31 pm by MichaelQuarles »

Offline Brian(MD)

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 08:39:40 pm »
Mike, what you did is fantastic. I don't know what to say, I'm breath takin. Let me recooperate and I'll send you a PM within 24 hours. Thanks!

Offline MichaelQuarles

• Yellow Letters
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 09:03:55 pm »
I enjoyed it...  I used to have a wood shop in my garage and would go out and build furniture when I was stressed or needed a break... I replaced  routers and saws for a keyboard and computer... Not nearly as good at it as I want
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 02:52:32 pm by MichaelQuarles »

Offline L Rubijevsky

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 12:17:32 pm »
Overall I feel that your website is good and doesn't throw to much at its viewers.  One thing you can do is make the margins more on either side of the site.  This perhaps will help it flow better.  Also I would make sure that your site works in multiple different types of browsers.  Because you don't always know what browser type potential customers could be using.  Different browsers might make your site show up different or perhaps not show up at all.

J Rubijevsky
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:18:12 pm by kdhastedt »

Offline lailei

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 07:59:35 am »
Loading, Navigation etc seems pretty good on your site, the problem is some typo errors. Be aware on those since it may lessen the quality of your site. but over all it was nicely done.
"Discover how to getting 10-15 New Clients / month using online real estate agent marketing WITHOUT spending any money on advertising! Visit http://RealEstateCrusher.com for more information."

Offline Mdhaas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 07:38:49 am »
As I mentioned previously, you have numerous errors in your paragraphs.  The prettiest site in the world is worthless if it looks like a child wrote it.

:beer
If at first you don't succeed.....................skydiving is not for you

Offline hammertime

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 01:34:52 pm »
I agree with the others. Looks nice, but, numerous typos make it look like a rinky-dink operation.  The website is an extension/introduction to those who do not know you. 

Just as in other situations you only get one chance to make a good first impression. Your web site works the same way  You only have seconds and I mean seconds to grab a person who is visiting your website's attention before they are gone. Now there are a lot of statistics out there and most of them say you have anywhere from 4 - 10 seconds to give someone the information they are looking for before they go look somewhere else. 4 - 10 seconds! That's not even an elevator speech, which is why it is so critical that you have a professional (properly spelled words),great looking, easy to use web site.

Offline scott_DHL

• Wholesale Properties
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 02:33:07 am »
For SEO purposes I would:

1. Add a title other than just having "Home." 
2. Add a privacy policy at the bottom <-- search engines look to see if you have these
3. Add a video of yourself so people know the website is from a real person <-- YouTube videos can be good backlinks
4. Add a sitemap and submit it to Google, Yahoo, and Bing

Your site is simple and to the point.  Good job!

Use Google Analytics to track your traffic.  It is the best.
www.DiscountHomeList.com - Post wholesale properties FREE in your city.  Get them listed #1.  We market them to our buyer's list.

Offline tatertot

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 09:52:01 am »
If you use red lettering (or green), people who are color blind can not read it. I don't know what % they are of the population, but you don't want to eliminate them from your pool of potential customers.

Offline Brian(MD)

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 06:28:17 pm »
Thank you for posting your comments. I put my site through a spell check last night and found a few small spelling/grammer errors, so hopefully everything is cleared up. Thanks again.

Offline NVProperty

• Las Vegas Foreclosure Help | Short Sale Assistance
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 04:26:51 am »
Hi Brian,

A couple of things, firstly I think the font size is a little large, I get the feeling you are shouting at me when I read it.

Secondly, I ran your site through a program called "Website Auditor" and it could do with some serious SEO.

You have no Meta description, No Meta Keywords, only 2 words "welcome to" in H1 tags, no image Alt text and as Scott pointed out, you need to have a descriptive page title, something like "We Buy Houses | Sell Your Home Fast In Carroll County". Once the site is optimised you should then start building back links.

Your website is a good starting point but I think some time on Google searching and reading SEO articles would be beneficial.

Wishing you every success.
Rich
Las Vegas Short Sale Assistance
http://www.stoplasvegasforeclosure4.me

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines