GM is selling Hummer to mystery buyer

There are some rumors that it’s the Chinese:

http://www.huliq.com/1/81694/who-bought-hummer

So help me God, it better not be the Chinese. I wouldn’t put it past the present administration though.

To sell it to the Chinese and guarantee that vehicles used within our military will continue to be Hummers. Maybe we could have them make our battleships and nukes too so we can further ruin our national security.

Rumor confirmed: hummer being sold to Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company Ltd

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31065937

It’s alright HOOCH…Our boy’s are safe.

AM General builds the MILITARY HUMVEE and has NOTHING to do with GM.

Years ago GM purchased the RIGHTS to the CIVILIAN version of the HUMVEE from AM General. GM eventually STOPPED building that MONSTER due to lack of sales and developed the Hummer H2 and H3 completely on their own. Neither has ANYTHING to do with AM General. The Chinese purchased HUMMER, NOT AM General. Two totally different companies.

GM’s been shopping Hummer around since DUBYA was in the oval office.

The Hummer H2 and H3 are built on GM’s Sierra and Colorado truck frames.

I have a very good friend that was a service manager at a local Hummer dealer…The key word there is WAS…He said NO ONE is buying those things now. Looks to me like GM got rid of a real DOG to the Chinese.
Don’t be surprised to see VOLVO go to the Chinese too. The Chinese auto industry is in shambles as far as sales OUTSIDE of China go. The cars they build can be seen on YOUTUBE being completely DESTROYED in crash tests for the European markets. They can’t even come CLOSE to meeting our standards/

The Chinese NEED some recognized name plates to get their foot in the door of the global automobile business. Brands like HUMMER and VOLVO which most people view as TOUGH, WELL BUILT, and SAFE are what the Chinese haven’t been able to BUILD themselves.

Think I’m kidding???

Check out this Chinese copy of a Honda Civic in a crash test…

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g5SRyG6UR2A

Now compare THAT disaster to the REAL Honda Civic…

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U543_guFaVI

The difference???

The Chinese made car…The driver is DEAD.

The HONDA driver OPENS his car door and WALKS away!!!

THIS is why the CHINESE are BUYING FOLKS!!!

As a former bodyshop owner trust me,the metal in japan/chinese/korean cars does’nt compare to that of american & germans.The terrible gas milage is what killed hummer,I also was’nt impressed with the headroom for such a big suv.I love full size trucks and suv’s,they’re safe and practical.But since the govt is gonna only make deathtraps for us to buy,I see the used car business far passing the new as it has done for sometime now.You can’t decide what the free market should be selling,He should’ve stuck with community organizing(whatever the hell that is).I loved GM forever,but now they can go down in flames for all I care,dumb move and soon everyone will see it.I have a new found respect for ford for walking away from the govt buyout,I hope they prosper soooo good,until obama finds a way to shut it down too.How much more of this idiot can our country really stand.I say save time and a truckload of money and impeach him now, he’s told as many lies as the money he’s blown.Sorry to get off subject,I just hate this assault on our country from this dictator.

I wonder if it would have made more sense to sell GM itself to the Chinese or one of the Gulf States, instead of the weird arrangement they’re proposing. The US and Canada are the main sharholders and they’ve put a 31 year old attorney with no experience in the automotive industry in charge of retooling GM. And the company’s image is tarnished by this bankruptcy. GM could become another albatross for the US like AIG has become.

AM General, wow, I haven’t heard that name in years. I thought they were completely out of business. I am glad to hear that it is not Hummer that is making the military Hummers.

Those were some really interesting videos. I haven’t seen a car crumple up as bad as that Chinese one did.

I agree with you sellnbama, I also used to have lots of respect for GM and have owned many of them but now could give a crap what happens to them. I will never buy a GM again for jumping in bed with Obama and not just doing a normal bankruptcy that would have successfully made the company some breathing room to become profitable. I can not believe that they are now shutting down a GM plant in Virgina, A Right To Work State. Anything shut down should be in the Union states.

I too hope Ford succeeds tremendously for walking away from our great leader, Obama the magnificent. Hopefully he won’t manage to get his government hooks in them and reel them back in.

Its so frustrating to watch us go at breakneck speed towards communism.When will his golden race card and the blame everyone else crap be over already and just admit his arrogance got in the way of the real jobs the president does,not just a pedistall for him to achieve.Why is it you get labeled as a racist for saying he’s bad for the country?Since he’s 1/2 white I think this fall back in his case has no meaning.This is as stupid as the 2 party blame game goin on.We simply need a leader that does not care who did what ;but knows that standing behind our innovative people and companies will fix this mess.Right now we have the opposite for a president.Watch how he starts the appology tour back up in the middle east the next few days.What an embarrassing person as our leader,ridiculous!! :banghead :banghead

NO ONE…NOT in 200+ YEARS was a bigger embarrassment to this country than that MORON…

GEORGE W. BUSH

I watched the anniversary speeches made at Normandy the other night on C-span. They had Reagan (He delivered The ABSOLUTE BEST SPEECH ever given at Normandy in my opinion. AMAZING!!.) They had Clinton…Decent job but not even CLOSE to Reagan…

Then came DUBYA…

OH MY GOD…

It was pathetic…Honestly…He couldn’t even TALK never mind give a impassioned speech.

Are you honestly saying FD, that Bush was more of an embarrassment than Obama? Can you actually say that without a smile on your face? :biggrin

Look, us Conservatives don’t like Bush either but when you start comparing with what we have now Bush looks like a true leader.

And, why don’t you support states rights anyways? Why do you feel that things will be better off with more Federal control of the people? Haven’t they screwed up enough as it is?

Yes, Dubya had his faults and mangled a phrase or two, wasn’t the most eloquent speaker, but at least he didn’t need a teleprompter so much to the point where OBAMA’s OWN VP (Biden) makes fun of him on it, and the phrase TOTUS (and website) was created in response… How many examples would you like of Obama’s inability to think on the fly or “deer in the headlight” look or mispeaks of Obama WITHOUT his teleprompter… Makes you wonder who is behind the teleprompter… Reagan was decades OLDER than Obama, and was MUCH sharper in giving you his opinion and didn’t need a teleprompter to do it…

Not to mention Obama going around the world “apologizing” for America… :bs

At least he didn’t get caught with in intern in the White House while on the phone with foreign leaders… or have a War room to DESTROY private citizens…

At least he didn’t QUADRUPLE the national debt and spend more in FOUR MONTHS than EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT COMBINED in 200+ years inlcuding Bush during his 8 years, of which the MOST EXPENSIVE of the eight (the last two, from 2006 forward) were under Democrat control of the Congress… All the while, on the campaign trail, blasting Bush for deficits a quarter of the size, which did not include “stimulus” and union paybacks in the TRILLIONS… TRILLION dollar deficits are a watershed for AMERICA under the direct control of DEM’s in Congress, to the absolute detriment to everyone for generations…

Not to mention Carter… :shocked

Yeah, noone was a “bigger embarrassment” than Bush… :rolleyes

I honestly don’t know how you can say it with a straight face…

Wholly crap, that was a pretty hard smack down FD, All with undeniable facts! That made you loose all credibility for what you said about Dubya. How can you even defend Obama still after what he has done?

NO that’s the opinion of the MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ON THE PLANET and apparently the VAST majority of OUR citizens. Just ask John McCain!!

Remember…DUBYA cost YOU GUY’S the ELECTION!!! :banana :bouncemulti :dance

I LOVE saying that!!!

But you go right on and keep defending him!!!

Is that “deer in the headlight look” the same look DUBYA had for 7 MINUTES after being told the first plane hit the World Trade Center??? Is that the look you’re talking about???

Oh…and Positive couldn’t “smack down” a NAIL!!!

And If I “lost all my credibility” for what I said about DUBYA…

I could care less…Who’d I lose it with??? YOU??? Every post you write uncovers how little you know…Your panties were in a bunch worrying about HUMMER being sold to the CHINESE… “maybe we could have them make our battle ships and nukes too”…Following that logic…I hope your not worrying about the Chrysler/Fiat sale leading to our Aircraft Carriers being built by the Italians. :banghead :banghead :banghead

I wonder what Positive thinks of DUBYA getting an ABORTION for his ex girl friend back in TEXAS in his younger days???

Although this was a quote in a climate change report, the concept applies across the board…

“Observe which side resorts to the most vociferous name-calling and you are likely to have identified the side with the weaker argument and they know it.”

When liberals cannot defend their position, they jump right to the insults and name-calling…

Wait for it, rather than address the FACTS, next FDJake will no doubtly refer to me as a “one-flip wonder”, or his incorrectly assesed “termite invested flip” tripe even though the subject has NOTHING to do with real estate…

Go ahead FDJake… they know it’s coming… you can get it out of your system… it’s been a while…

Despite Bush’s faults, you KNEW where he was coming from… Obama has done a 180 on so many issues in the few months since he took office he has his own followers doing circles… if you do a Ben Franklin of Obama before and after, it is almost laughable… :banana

“NO that’s the MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ON THE PLANETS OPINION!!”

Yeah, this is just as believable as your “NOT in 200+ YEARS” fallacy…

Whoo, look how touchy our radical left extremist gets when Obama or the Unions are dragged out on the floor and exposed for who they really are. :biggrin

“I wonder what Positive thinks of DUBYA getting an ABORTION for his ex girl friend back in TEXAS in his younger days???”

Not aware of it, but it would be no less angst than Obama voting MULTIPLE times to not protect babies born after a botched abortion, even AFTER the neutrality language that he said he would support was added… but angst nonetheless…

Of course, that wasn’t when he was POTUS, so it doesn’t support your “NOT in 200+ YEARS” fallacy… and according to your beliefs, it makes him look better because it would have been “choice”

Besides, Bush couldn’t get an abortion… it’s not HIS decision, remember? So, again, your argument is mute :rolleyes

You failed to mention your opinion of DUBYA’s abortion for his girlfriend???

NOT AWARE OF IT??? Are you KIDDING ME???

More like…DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!!!

Maybe because…The RIGHT WINGERS classic BS has always been…“Don’t pay attention to what your SEEING or what the FACTS are…Just listen to what we TELL you.”

NO…I won’t insult you…You do a better job insulting yourself than I could ever do…I simply point out the OBVIOUS…You HATE THAT…I just think your frustrated with your life!!! But that’s YOUR problem…And it’s becoming VERY apparent here with the posts you write.

You are one very UNHAPPY person…I actually feel kind of bad for you.

“”“When liberals cannot defend their position, they jump right to the insults and name-calling…”“”

An interesting but very common characteristic of the radical left. Step number 2 that they use when name calling is exhausted is the race card.

Just admit it FD, There is no way you can defend Obama’s actions to date. He has managed to become the worst president in history in just his first few months causing debt that our children will never be able to repay and coining it as “financing our children’s futures”. You’ve got to be kidding me!

I’d rather debate someone who HAS a clue…

Yesterday, in HOOCH’s WORLD… Obama was the worst President in History because he sold HUMMER to the CHINESE and they were going to be building our BATTLESHIPS… :rolleyes

READ IT!!! I know…YOU CAN’T MAKE THIS STUFF UP…I’m WRITING it and I can’t believe he actually thought that was TRUE!!!

Or was that ANOTHER one of your BRILLANT “set ups.” :biggrin

THAT’S IT!!! You knew ALL ALONG!!! You were just “A FOOLIN ME!!!”

There is the insult you predicted he would say. Instead he just used a different one. That you are a miserable human being that he feels sorry for.

Actually, the reality is conservatives are far more happy with life than liberals. That is an undeniable fact that has been proven with scientific testing.

They believe the reason for liberal misery is their inability to accept the fact that some will have money and others will not. It’s kind of like some big fairness detector from childhood that they have programmed in their minds that will never allow them to be at peace.