All Politicians and Business men are crooks

Thats my opinion and I think that many on this forum would agree with me. Its just whether they are caught or not. :frowning:

Sighā€¦ Disagreed.

There are a few good politicans out there (like Ron Paul, Bob Barr) .

and Nancy Pelosi :rolleyes.

Business men are crooks? Ide say the majority of business men arentā€¦ my grandpas a business man (owns a small factory) and doesnt rob anybody.

Most people donā€™t like talking about their crooked activities. Ron Paul seems genuine however look at Bernie Madoff, a genuineā€¦ crook.

I would disagree. Most business men that have achieved significant wealth are hiding something.

Yeah, because its hard to be successful without screwing somebody over right?

Madoff is ONE guyā€¦ so you assume that ā€œallā€ are like that?

Let me guessā€¦ Youre one of these people that think the Wealthy should pay like 50% of their income to taxes because their EVILLLLL. Am I right? Thats the vibe im getting from you.

Those that are crooked should be put in jail, but I think your mistaken on thinking that the majority of people that acquire wealthy have to be screwyā€¦

This is the best country that has ever existed (even with all our gov problems). Anybody can succeed and fulfill all their dreams if they have the desire to do so, and many do, while doing it morally. Just my opinionā€¦

Lost of incorrect assumptions. Its just what I have experienced. Its subjective empiricism. I am not making broad statements from the news and TV. I see the manipulation and greed everyday. But to relate to you I mentioned Madoff, not Mr RealEstateConsultantā€™s experiences with Mr. Politician or Mr. Business Owner.

I donā€™t think the rich should pay 50% of their income at all. The game is played unfairly. I am just calling it as it is.

There is one exception though: Any government subsidized company (CITI, AIG) whereby the executives pleaded the government to save their company from ruin and instead of forgoing huge paychecks they had no integrity and paid themselves the money. That is stealing from the tax payer 101. You like paying them your tax dollars? Pay away. I would rather opt not paying their checks.

I do believe this is the best country but if you or me or anyone else doesnt agree with a policy, or certain human behavors whether they be a politician or business owner, I hope you would stand up and say something instead of reverting to the statementā€¦
ā€œThis is the best country that has ever existed (even with all our gov problems). Anybody can succeed and fulfill all their dreams if they have the desire to do so, and many do, while doing it morally. Just my opinionā€¦ā€

Lol, dont get me wrong, I believe Government is a complete joke, and taxation is THEFT!

Im pretty Conservative.I dont believe in subsidizing businesses. I believe in Capitalism and Free Market. Which in Capitalism, businesses must fail.

Even though you may not like the bonuses given out on a taxpayers dimeā€¦As a Conservative, I believe in the Constitution. If you decide to bail out these businesses, you need to honor the CEOs contracts. What our government did by taking 90% of those CEOs bonuses was unconstitutional. We must honor contracts, which meansā€¦ giving the bonuses if we decide to be stupid enough to do these bail outs, unless the businesses and CEO change their contract legally, not the government.

What do you mean by CEO contracts?

I think the government should be able to take away their bonuses. If I write a will (a contract) and in my will I say you must do A,B and C otherwise you dont get paid as my beneficiary. Well if you dont do what you are supposed to, you shouldnā€™t get paid.

Contracts can also be modified. Many times they are modified after a disagreement. When 2 parties agree to the modified terms, than the contract gets modified, right?

You ever modify a contract after you put it on paper? I have.

Of course they can be modifiedā€¦ but they werent. And the Government used its power (unconstitutionally) to take away the bonuses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06U0m0Ll9fc

Watch this videoā€¦ Glenn Beck talks with Attorney General, basically having the exact conversation were having right nowā€¦

Just watch it, pretty funny, and relevant.

That was a great video.

The only thing the Youtube video confirms is the fact that business men have officials in their pockets however they donā€™t have them all aka the attorney general in CT. Just reconfirms my subject topic.

How could they give subsidized money out without ever thinking that much of it would go to the executives. They conveniently didnā€™t put thought into it. You have to give the politicians more credit. They are intelligent enough to know this. I mean come on, they run the country.

Some of them are crooks, but there are some that are genuine and good people, the good ones just rarely get publicity. The ones who are crooks are so bad and so greedy its appaulling. Quite disgusting actually because the money they misallocate could further so many peopleā€™s lives and retirement.

Donā€™t lump them all together, some really do try hard to do whatā€™s right, but they run into a broken system. I hear some people post support for Ron Paul, but what can he really get done once he has to contend with this political system? To get elected heā€™d have to sell his soul basically and to be popular heā€™d have to appease a ton of different groups and get his message watered down. Then heā€™d have to contend with all the other political groups undermining his efforts. Really, how far would he get? Grassroots efforts arenā€™t enough to get him elected, even though stranger things have happened.

RealEstateConsultant, since ALL businessmen are crooksā€¦ are you saying you are a crook? Kinda of an odd thing to say if you want people to buy something from your websiteā€¦ :redface

Just a thoughtā€¦

Vaderā€¦Great name.

Iā€™m not a business man but a real estate consultant. Youā€™re assuming I am a business man. lol.

Are you a business man or just someone with a Positive Outlook however you cant be so positive because of your implication? Just a thought.

I do love Ron Paul. Great guy.

lolā€¦ ā€œIā€™m not a business man but a real estate consultant. Youā€™re assuming I am a business man.ā€ - no doubt it is an assumptionā€¦ gottaā€™ tell you though, makes me feel so confident in purchasing any product from your website, when you disavow being a businessmanā€¦

Youā€™re not a businessman, eh? How are you setup as a real estate consultant? Are you not self-employed? Even if you are employed as a real estate consultant, you are independantly engaging in the BUSINESSS of SELLING a product on your website and ADVERTISING your URL in your signature line in the hopes of salesā€¦ Not a businessman, yeah, rightā€¦ Thatā€™s like saying - ā€œIā€™m not a man, just a guyā€ā€¦

www.dictionary.com - look up business, businessman, consultant, and self-employedā€¦ might help clear up your identity confusion.

ā€œAre you a business man or just someone with a Positive Outlook however you cant be so positive because of your implication?ā€

Yes, I am a businessman (worked in both corporate America and self-employed), which is why your global condemnation of ALL businessman is repugnant to most reading this who areā€¦ As Iā€™ve explained before, Positiveoutlook is a personal philisophy, NOT a one sided monickerā€¦ Besides, what are you saying? With realestateconsultant as your monicker, anything you say that doesnā€™t have to do with realestateconsulting is mute or that Vader can only say anything as it relates to Star Wars?.. :rolleyes

Realestateconsultantā€¦

Youā€™ll learn (and it looks like you ALREADY have) that ā€œPositiveā€ is anything BUT ā€œPositiveā€. DONā€™T WASTE YOUR TIME.

I have yet to read anything ā€œPOSITIVEā€ from him on any subject.

You on the other handā€¦Apparently KNOW something about REAL ESTATE & MARKETING. You can probably bring some good insight to this forum.

Ifā€¦In your opinionā€¦businessmen are crooksā€¦OKā€¦Thatā€™s a valid OPINION. Iā€™m sure you have examples of why or what youā€™ve seen over the years that brought you to this conclusion.

Instead of debating the ā€œONE FLIP WONDERā€ just tell us what youā€™ve seen in your life that led you to this opinion. Just blow off the NEGATIVE bull sh*t coming from ā€œPOSITIVE.ā€ Itā€™s a waste of your time AND ours.

True to character FDjakeā€¦ more personal attacksā€¦ noone can say youā€™re not consistentā€¦ BUT, just like with all the other times you try to demean my first deal (Iā€™ve NEVER claimed real estate expertise, and itā€™s getting old) IT HAS NOTHING to do with the topic on RANDOM RAMBLINGSā€¦

And for YOU, of all people, to tell ANYONE on this site that they think they know ā€œeverything and his opinions are the only ones that matterā€, rings completely hollowā€¦

Try addressing the actual posts, FDJake and youā€™lll save everyone timeā€¦

Next straw man tangent, FDJAkeā€¦

Realestate consultantā€¦

What brought you to this conclusion???

I will explain in detail tonight. Have to do a couple things today. Usually when I get into this conversation I can go on for days.

I do enjoy this forum. I believe there is a lot of great people and information available here. I appreciate all the conversation from fdjake, positiveoutlook, and hoosier4life2005. I like hearing others view points. Actually makes you a stronger person. Cheers.

This entire thread is RIDICULOUS! Real Estate Consultant clearly IS a business man or business woman and is calling him/herself a crook! LOL!

I AM a businessman and I am certainly not a crook. So, ALL businessmen are not crooks. End of story!

Mike

I agree with Mike. ā€œAllā€ Business men are obviously not crooks, as the thread says.

Even though the question has evolved toā€¦ ā€œMostā€

Which I still disagree.